Gossip (WS)

*Pretend the yule ball happened in the marauders' era*

*Also this chapter is just McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey fangirling over wolfstar and sharing their memories*

*3rd Person POV*

McGonagall smiled at Madam Pomfrey as she walked into the Hospital Wing and grabbed a seat. It was a Friday after school and Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey had made this a habit. They would reunite at the end of every week and just have a dish session (not that either of them called it that). Madam Pomfrey would of course sometimes have to go take care of students but since it was the weekend, students would take it easy and get in less trouble (the marauders always being an exception of course).

"Good afternoon, Poppy. How are you?" McGonagall said politely. Madam Pomfrey nodded. 

"Good! How are you, Minerva?" she asked back as McGonagall sat down. 

"Good, good. Thank you. So, what happened this week?" She asked, positioning herself in her seat. 

"Oh, yes. As you know, this tuesday was the full moon and Mr Black brought Mr Lupin in his arms. He refused to leave and stayed the night. It was a little annoying since other patients need rest but it was really adorable on his part. When Mr Lupin was asleep Mr Black told me he liked him and when Mr Black left and Mr Lupin woke up he told me too." Madam Pomfrey said, sighing at the boys' obliviousness.

"Tell me about it. When I tell you the amount of times I've seen them fall asleep together somewhere in the common room during a study session. Those boys really do act like a couple sometimes." Minerva laughed and Madam Pomfrey smiled softly. 

"Too bad they're both too dense to realize they like each other." McGonagall sighed.

"They really do care about each other. Since every night Mr Lupin gets a new scar, when his friends didn't know I remember Sirius once came up to me with concern and asked if Remus would be okay. He had no idea what was happening to his friend, but he stayed nonetheless." Madam Pomfrey smiled at the memory.

"Yes, I wanted to just burst out laughing when Slughorn told me about the class when they made amortentia; says Remus smelt a wet dog and things that were obviously related to Sirius. And Sirius of course smelt chocolate, and forest and such. Being both dense as fog, I'd guess they're still trying to guess what it was." Shared McGonagall.

"Oh, Minerva, when I tell you the amount of times I've seen them wearing each other's sweaters. Mr Black always brings him one after the full moon and I just find it adorable." Laughed Madam Pomfrey. They continued during that afternoon sharing different stories and laughing at how unaware the teenage boys were.

"Honestly, once Severus Snape went and made fun of Remus and Sirius did not hold back. I don't know why his slugs charm was so powerful, but it certainly showed Mr Snape a lesson."

"Yes, I never thought I'd see the day, but today Sirius came up to me and asked me for advice; he wants to ask Remus to the yule ball." McGonagall said as if she was talking proudly about her son. (Let's be honest, in a way she is) Madam Pomfrey gasped. 

"I encouraged Remus to do so too!" She said, bursting out laughing and McGonagall simply smiled. 

"Guess we'll find out soon enough how much chaos we've created."

*Sirius's POV*

As class ended, I nervously walked up to McGonagall. "Professor?" I asked, not believing I was actually going through with this. 

"Yes, Mr Black?" She asked, giving me a slight nod as I arrived at her side. I took a deep breath. 

"I want to ask Remus to the yule ball, but I don't know how to." I looked down, completely embarrassed. The only reason I was asking her this is because I thought of her as a mom. She had always been there to scold me whenever I did something stupid or advice me when something was wrong.