Yule ball (WS)

*This is part 2 for gossip btw*

*Remus's POV*

I nervously fumbled with my tie and looked in the mirror, making sure I looked good. Sirius and I weren't supposed to see each other (pretend it's tradition like in the bride and groom) so I went to change to the girls' dorms. Lily and Marlene noticed I was nervous because they each stood on one side and helped me with my hair. Marlene was wearing an elegant bun with a beautiful, poofy turquoise dress while Lily had her ginger hair down in an elegant hairstyle and was wearing a gorgeous green dress with accessories to match.

"You're going to be fine. Plus, you're not the one with the messy date. Remember I'm going with James." Lily chuckled and I smiled. 

"I feel like I'm suffocating, this suit is too tight." I said, pulling a little on the collar. 

"Rem, the suit fits perfectly, you won't step on his feet when you dance together, because you will be too busy staring into each other's eyes. You're just nervous so it feels hot. When you see each other you'll forget all of your problems. Now come on, let's go have fun and dance the night away!" Marlene said, twirling excitedly and Lily and I laughed.

We went downstairs, careful not to look at our partners. We finally got to the Great Hall and waited outside for our pairs to show up. After a few minutes, Sirius and James were showing up. They were dressed similarly in a black tuxedo, but Sirius had a green tie and James had a red one. I felt my knees buckle as he approached me. Luckily, Marlene and Lily caught me on time before I could embarrass myself. Finally, Sirius was next to me and he extended his arm, smiling at me. I took it and smiled at him as we went to walk in. "You look nice." I said and he blushed.

"Thanks, Moony. You look really nice too." We walked in together and gasped at how beautiful the Great Hall looked. The four long tables of the houses were replaced by circular smaller ones which were covered by some icy blue tablecloths. There were snowflakes glinting as they fell or floated in the sky. 

"Wow...The Great Hall seems so different!" I said, astonished.

We chose to sit at a nearby table with Lily and James soon joining us. "Hey, Remus!" James said, smiling and I smiled back at him.Sirius and I were both too shy to invite the other to dance so James and Lily obviously took action. Lily whispered something into James's ear and he smiled. 

"Hey, Remus can I steal you for a second?" Lily asked and extended her hand. I took it and as she pulled me away, I noticed James also went over to Sirius. 

"Dance with me." Lily smiled and I took her hand and we both couldn't help but snicker as James and Sirius passed by us, dancing terribly. I put my hand on her waist and we started swaying to the music and she smiled at me. "Why haven't you asked Sirius to dance?" she asked me and I blushed. 

"What if he says no?" I said awkwardly.

"Rem, he asked you to the ball and you still think he doesn't like you back? He's totally in love with you. Okay, now twirl!" Lily laughed as she twirled me and let me go, making me bump into someone. I laughed and apologized and then I looked up to see who had caught me. 

Sirius, of course. We both went bright red but I suddenly got a burst of courage. "W-well, now that we're here, we might as well dance." I said awkwardly and Sirius smiled. Being the taller one, I put my hands on his waist and he put his hands on my shoulders as a new song started playing.

There's a calm surrender
To the rush of day
When the heat of a rolling wave
Can be turned away

I immediately recognized the song as "Can You Feel The Love Tonight." We swayed slowly and enjoyed the music when Sirius spoke up. "I'm so happy I actually listened to McGonagall for once. I never would've had the gut to ask you on my own." He chuckled and I smiled.