Chapter 12

"Hey. I can't believe you're here. I'd thought I'd never see you guys again" Sam said.

"Sam, listen. Constantine is getting revenge on us by forcing a sweet innocent girl named Violetta replace you" said Charles Wallace.

"What? Constantine replaced me with someone else?" Sam said.

"Yeah. Don't judge her too harshly, though. She confessed and then said she's not a criminal. She's just treated like one" said Calvin.

"Really?" Sam said.

"Yeah. While she's being you, Constantine was working together with Dominic. Violetta implied that they're planning something terrible" said Calvin.

"How could you not have noticed that she'd replaced me, Charles Wallace?" Sam said.

"Well, she looked like you and she talked like you... well, she didn't talk that much like you come to think of it. But she said she had a cold" said Charles Wallace.

Wags barked and made gestures to say that he knew the whole time.

"Wags... you knew?" Sam said.

Wags barked to say "yes".

"You mean this whole time I've been locked in a Russian gulag, no one, not one single one of my friends except Wags the Dog noticed I've been replaced by a total stranger?" Sam said.

"It sounds worse than it was" said Charles Wallace.

"No. It's as bad as it sounds" said Calvin.

"And yet, this woman who's held me hostage here told me you'd forgotten about me. And that you didn't need me anymore" Sam said.

"She's wrong. We'd never forget you" said Charles Wallace.

"We need you more than anything, Sam" said Calvin.

Sam was almost ready to happy cry. 

The newspaper lady came riding in her van saying "Extra, extra! Read all about it. Sam Pan and Murray Wiggle to be married in London"

"Huh?" Sam, Calvin and Charles Wallace said one at a time.

"Murray? Murray's gonna marry an outcast who's considered a criminal tomorrow?! He's in trouble! To London!" Sam said.

Sam tried to run, but gunshots blocked her path.

"Oh. I forgot. I'm in a gulag. Sorry about that, Ivan" she said.

"Oh, it's okay. No problem, Sam. It's easy mistake" said Ivan, the guard.

"Right. Thanks for not shooting me" Sam said.

"Sure, no problem. Hey. Nothing personal" said Ivan.

"Guys, we have to get out of here. But how?" Sam said to her friends.

"Hey. I have an idea" said Calvin.

The plan was that while the prisoners dig a hole in their mining number, Calvin, Sam and Charles Wallace jump down it. 

So that's what they did.

"I can't believe that worked" said Charles Wallace.

"Now let's hurry. We have to go fix this" Sam said.

They finally escaped but the others are still in trouble.

What's coming up? What could it be?

One more click and we will see!

Peace and love,

Sammy