Chapter 18

"You didn't finish Gulag Annual Revue, and you didn't even say good-bye. You are coming with me!" said Nadya.

"She really has to go to prison after she just saved the Crown Jewels?" said Paul facing Nadya.

"Yes. Unfortunately" said Nadya giggling at Paul.

"No. Take me instead!" said Violetta.

"No, Violetta. You've been tortured long enough. Better me than you" Sam said.

And she let the guards take her.

"Wait!" said Calvin.

Calvin stepped up and said "We're sorry, Sam. We're sorry we didn't notice you were missing. We're sorry we didn't tell you often enough how much you mean to all of us. We're sorry we ever took you for granted. That's never gonna happen again" 

"What..." Sam whispered.

"Miss... if Sam has to go back to the Gulag... you'll have to take me too" said Calvin.

"No, Calvin. You don't want this much trouble" Sam said.

"I think I do. I'd do anything for my friend" said Calvin.

"You're my best friend, Sammy. Wherever you go, I go. You'll have to take me too" said Charles Wallace.

"And me" said Meg.

"Guys, why are you doing this?" Sam said.

"Sam. We convinced ourselves Violetta was you..." John began.

"Because she gave us what we thought we wanted" said Jeff.

"When what we really wanted..." said Greg.

"What we really needed" added Paul.

"Was you, Sam. The actual real you" finished Murray.

"Murray? I spent that whole time... I was keeping you happy but at the same time, I felt so sad for you because you needed Sam. And in reality, I'm anything but her" said Violetta.

"I know" Murray said stroking Violetta's hair.

"Sam, I didn't know you before, but I was on the same side. I didn't want anything bad to happen to you" said Violetta.

Nadya watched the conversation happen and got teary-eyed.

"It would appear you were right, Sam. I guess this is your family. And families belong together. You are free to go. Forever" said Nadya.

"Oh, Nadya, thank you! That's wonderful" Sam said running back to her friends/family.

The guards turned to leave as the friends had a touching reunion.

"Wait! Guys, listen. We still have to finish our world tour. And I know where we need to play next. For one night only, Siberia Russia" Sam said.

"Oh, wonderful! It's terrible. You will hate it. You will hate it" said Nadya jokingly.

Yay! Sam's free!

Let's see how the show in Siberia goes in the next chapter, shall we?

Peace and love,

Sammy