Two

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Beep

Beep

Beep

I hate the sound of my alarm, I've tried changing it to a song I love, I ended up just hating the song. I hate waking up early, I love mornings and am for sure a morning person but i'm more of a 9am morning person rather than a 7am morning person. I opened my eyes and quickly regretted it. You absolute imbecile, you fell asleep with your contacts on again.

I've been lying awake in bed for a few minutes trying to muster up the motivation to get up and get ready. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 7:30. If I don't get up soon I'm not gonna leave in time and I'm gonna get caught in the morning traffic. Who let me pick early classes? I made the same mistake last year, I don't learn.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck, my eyes hurt so bad.

"Kassie, are you up?" I heard Jules say from the other side of my door.

"Yea, come in, what's up?"

"The door's locked stupid."

"Fuck." I mumbled as I got out of bed to open the door and ran right back under my covers with my eyes closed tightly.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Yea, just pass me the contact solution from the shelf."

"Really, you fell asleep with them again?" She said, handing me the contact solution and the little case.

She stood silently as I flushed my eyes with solution and picked the contacts out. I handed the things back to her and she put them back where they were.

"Okay, now, which shirt would look better?" She asked, holding up two shirts.

"They're the exact same apart from color and you're wearing jeans, why does it even matter?"

"Well like you just said, they're a different color, blue or red?" She asked again, giving me a pointed look.

"Red. Looks better on your skin."

"Okay, thanks. I think you might wanna get up, or you might be late." She said, pulling the shirt on.

"You might wanna get out or you might be late, you guys need to leave in 15 minutes."

"Actually no, Milo needs to be at school by 7:40 for some football thing so we have to leave like now but we'll be fine." She said, waving her hand in a dismissive motion as she turned to walk out of my room.

My bed was far too warm and the world outside was far too cold, I didn't want to get up. I pulled the blanket off of myself as slowly as I possibly could and put my foot down onto the soft rug. Once I stepped on the cold floor I felt my legs break out in goosebumps, I should really try to convince my dad to get heated floors.

I walked over to my closet and pushed through the hangers. No, no, why do I even still have this. Is it a cardigan or a flannel type of day? My tan and black flannel caught my eye. Okay I can definitely work with that. I looked over at the clock and almost screamed, 20 minutes to leave before I end up caught in traffic.

"Hey siri, text Sophi."

'What do you want to say?'

"I got up a little late. I can still make it to school on time, but if I stop for coffee I will for sure be late so can you pretty please with a cherry on top pick one up for me, babes?"