🤍 0 • 2 "Be quiet." 0 • 2 🤍

Makoto Naegi 🤍
2:16 pm.

-

He took a small peak outside the shop before actually making a move out. There was tons of them. Tons and tons of them. How did it manage to spread like wildfire this fast? He could see a few people trying to hide, the tears strolling down their faces, as they held onto their limbs, with what could possibly be a bite.

Maybe this wasn't like a movie. Maybe, if you got bit, you wouldn't turn. But, there was no say in that, until Makoto actually could have his proof on such.

His eyes glanced for the best possible exit. There really didn't seem like there was one.

Then, he saw it.

Only about a hundred feet ahead.

Something that actually hurt him to watch, his breath bring held by pain.

One of those, creatures, crouched over, testings it's fingers through the skin and tearing it away from the young child it sat upon. A young girl, who seemed about eight. Her eyes flickered back and forth between life and death, her small fingers clutching the ground, biting her lip, as thousands upon thousands of tears cascaded down her face. The pain. The amount of pain, was all he could see. The creature pulled at her skin more, ripping it away like it was a delectable treat. Makoto could hear her small whimpers for help.

Why did a child have to go through this?

He forced his eyes away from the sight. His focus was on an exit, not the gruesome sights ahead. As much as it all hurt, and his vision blurred, he couldn't help. He wanted to help, so horribly bad, but what would be the purpose.

Such an Ultimate Lucky Student.

Komaru poked him with her elbow. "We can sneak across." Whispering very softly, while pointing to what she meant, Makoto agreed.

Over at the area she pointed to, he doubted that he would see the child again.

Komaru lifted her hand slightly up, giving a five to one countdown on her fingers. Once her last finger settled down, they bother left the shop, crawling down on their hands and knees, towards the other end, which would give them safety. Or some type. It was mainly hidden away, by the the fake plants.

As he crawled, his eyes looked back to the child. And, he was met with her eyes. A simple word transmitted from a look. Help. That was all it took for Makoto. He gripped at his knife tighter, and stood up, dating for the other zombies to come for him. But, he wasn't focusing on those ones. Just the one on the girl.

He heard a whisper over at the corner, "What are you doing?" He ignored his sister. This could result in his death in the end. But, he needed to do it. There was someone suffering.

He walked silently past the other creatures, which all seemed to gain a focus on him. But, they didn't sense fear, maybe that's why they remained still. Or maybe, it was something else, like a luck of a sort.

A few feet in front of the girl, Makoto raised his knife high in the air. Before he could bring it down, the creatures eyes trailed away from the girls skin in it's hands, and instead, towards Makoto.

The zombie stood him, and made a leap at Makoto, who freaked out in a matter of seconds flailing his knife around, slicing through the crisp skin of the zombie. It's eyes rolled back, and dark deep crimson blood made an escape from the wounds. But, other than that, the zombie wasn't affected.

It grabbed onto Makoto, trailing it's teeth up to make a bite down on him, when a loud noise echoed out and the zombies skull seemed to explode. It's blood popping out all over Makoto's face, like a cold goo. He wiped the blood on his sleeve, and tossed the now dead corpse over. Wondering how in gods name it just exploded like that.