🤍 0 • 3 "Annoying" 0 • 3 🤍

Maki Harukawa 🤍
1:54 am.

Maki raised an eyebrow. She was aware it was really early in the morning, and the fact on how people could actually sleep in this situation, didn't set right with her.

And how Kaito could keep rambling on and on about everything and anything? That bugged her in ways she couldn't explain.

"Can you be quiet? People are trying to sleep, and if you haven't noticed, we are in the start of a zombie apocalypse. They will hear you." She flicked her wrist out, sitting back down onto the cushions of the couch.

Kaito followed along. "Start and the end of the apocalypse. It won't get any worse from here."

She rolled her eyes. "Great, now you jinxed us."

Kaito laughed very softly. "Bet I didn't."

"Party boys die first." Maki stated, very matter of factly.

"Party boys? That's how ya' see me?" He made a small dramatic gasp as if he was hurt.

Maki pulled herself better up on the couch, looking at Kaito, studying his face.

Kaito continued after a few moments when Maki didn't say anything, "Do you really think I'll die first?" He said it very softly, with full curiousity.

Maki pursed her lips. No, not fully. But, she did feel as if Kaito would die one moment or another.

"Maybe not first." Maki looked away from Kaito and rubbed her arm.

"If someone was to die - which I doubt, because everyone here is strong - who do you think would be first?" Kaito's voice was truly silent. Maki just felt like he was trying to give himself false hope on their situation.

"First? I'd say Chihiro. He brought up the fact the zombies are still humans. I bet he hasn't even killed a spider. I don't see him trying to kill the dead. After that.." Maki thought about everyone, and what she knew about them.

"Miu, or possibly you. You both have loud mouths. Then, maybe, Shuichi or Kaede. Or maybe even Rantaro. Though, I doubt it. He seems smart to figure it out." She crossed her legs on the couch.

A few moments of silence passed by as Kaito tried to think of something to say.

"Where do you lie on the list?" He asked.

"No where. I refuse to die. I won't die. If something tries to kill me, I swear, I will kill them first." She made that sound like a verbal promise.

"Good thing no one will die. I will do everything in my power to make sure no one does." Kaito spoke a bit louder but shushed more when Maki gave him a small look.

"And that's how you die." She muttered.

She stood up, walking towards the kitchen, and Kaito followed along. "What ya' planning?" He asked.

Maki grabbed onto a knife, and flipped it around her hand a few times. "I was debating something since the start of this. And, I think I might do it."

"Don't tell me you're going to kill yourself. You already talked yourself up on being a survivor an-"

"I am not going to do that." She growled in frustration. She found it cruel that Kaito thought she would be the person to do that. Maki couldn't picture a situation where she went there. Maybe if she got hoarded by tons of zombies and only had a singular bullet. But still, she could see herself in a fight of survival.