Chapter 1: The Beginning

Things change. Things change all the time. And while things may be good, that isn't always going to remain that way.

This happened with Po, a teletubby you may have heard of. She was a child in her heart, not knowing what the world outside of hers was like. She was created by a machine and essentially a lab rat after all, living in a beautiful cage she didn't even know she was in.

It will make sense in the beginning. For hundreds of years, distant underground machines have been making teletubbies to replace the extinct human race, and it has succeeded. Po is one of them, along with her friends Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa, and herself. They don't know how they got there, but don't seem to care. They're all children at heart and mind, thinking nothing could harm them.

Until one night...

Po watched the water flow through the lake, tempted to swim around, but wanted to enjoy the view.

"It's a beautiful day." A voice said.

Po turned around and smiled when she saw a familiar face, or in this case machine. Their friend Noo Noo, a vacuum or housekeeper of sorts.

"Hello, Noo Noo!" Po said with a smile.

"Greetings, Po." The machine then faced her. "Why are you here all by yourself? Everyone misses you."

"The sight of the lake is wonderful! I'm embracing it! See? It's pretty!" Po said.

Noo Noo faced the water and didn't look amused unlike Po. "Water is dangerous to a life form like myself. It will cause my circuitry to glitch."

"We should get you a raincoat."

"That won't help the glitches."

"Oh."

"You should go back. You haven't eaten today."

"Yeah, I'm done here anyway. Come on, let's go!"

Noo Noo thought for a minute before facing the water. "Actually. I might stay here."

"Oh! Ok! Cya!" Po then started walking back to her wonderful home. The place she grew to love. She then saw an all too familiar purple tubby run over to her.

"Po's back!!" Tink cried out before hugging her.

Po smiled and hugged him back before giggling.

"I'm getting hungry." Tink said as he let go.

Po rubbed her stomach a bit. She didn't seem all that hungry, but she could at least make some for the others. "Let's go get some custard!"

"Ok! But first, you should talk to Laa...She's been down all day."

Po became concerned before walking over to Laa, who was sulking and looking down at the ground near her favorite thing, her ball.

"Hello, Laa!" Po said with a smile.

"...Hi, Po..." She sniffled.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I had a bad dream last night. It was about us and bad things happened, but I don't remember what."

"Sounds scary. But it was just a dream." Po said as she set a hand on her shoulder. "Try to forget about it."

Laa sniffled. "I'll try. Thanks, Po."

Po smiled at her before they all headed inside where Dip was humming a tune to himself. Po walked over. "Hi!"

"Hi, Po!"

"Any luck finding your hat?"

"No. I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll find it one day!"

"Thanks. I still have hopes! But I want some tubby custard!"

Po smiled. "Coming right up!" She then went over to the machine and then started it up as she made three bowls of the pink goo they ate. "Order up!" She said with a giggle.

Tink smiled and happily ate his custard along with Dip. Laa was still a little down until Po walked over.

"Here you go! I hope this will help!" Po said with a smile.

Laa smiled back at her. "Thanks, Po. You're a good friend."

"Don't forget about yourself!" Dip cried out.

Po thought for a moment. "I'm not that hungry. I can eat tomorrow!"

"Oh! That's a surprise." Tink said before putting his bowl away. "Oh, man. I'm full."

"That was good." Dip said as he too, put away his bowl.

Laa nodded after she did the same.

Po smiled. "Well, the sun's coming down! I guess we should head to bed!"

They all nodded, heading to their beds to sleep for the night. But that was when it all began.