Chapter 10: Safe

Miles faced him, looking at The Guardian as if he were crazy. "We? You're not doing anything."

The Guardian became baffled for a moment and faced him. "What?! Why not?!"

"You three are too important and know what the hell is even going on." Miles said. "We need you alive and well."

"But I wanna help! I can't fail in protecting people again!"

"You WILL help! Just not right now." Miles told him. "Now come on, you can go with the red and blue one into the helicopter and then go to the military base." He said as The New Borns hissed and roared as they stomped like an endless army marching towards battle.

They started to run back, meeting up with the pink, silver, and black tubby. The pink tubby faced Miles. "What's going on, Miles?"

"Invasion. I already tried telling the base. Hopefully they heard me." Miles said with a sigh. "Take The Guardian back to base with the other two." He faced Dutch, the black tubby while saying that.

Dutch saluted for a moment. "Sir! Yes sir!" He then walked over to The Guardian. "Come with me."

The Guardian nodded and followed Dutch into the helicopter with Po and Ron.

Miles then faced Connor, the silver and neo samurai like tubby. "Connor. Take a team and try to find out where these things are coming from."

Connor saluted as well before leaving with a team of soldiers.

Miles then faced Anne, the pink tubby and a bunch of other soldiers. "The rest of you are with me. We'll hold them off to give all of us some time." He said as the helicopter took off into the air.

Meanwhile, Po just looked out the helicopter, still sniffling and just processing what was happening. She couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened to her.

The Guardian looked at her sadly and set a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. We're ok."

"...P-Promise? I don't...think we're safe anymore." She looked out the window again. "I don't think anyone is."

The Guardian sighed. "Yeah...But I promise, Po. We're all gonna be just fine."

Po smiled, but just barely before facing him again. "How's Ron?"

"Recovering from what I've heard from Dutch." The Guardian said. "Dipsy got him good."

Po froze at the name before shaking it off and sighing. "I still can't believe that all of this happened because of him..."

"...Noo Noo..." The Guardian growled. "Why did he do this now all of a sudden? He was always a peaceful thing. Now he was acting like an evil robot overlord."

"With a silly face." She joked sadly.

The Guardian snorted and nodded. "Mhm."

Eventually, they came across the custard facility. It was where all the custards were transported into the custard machines, like the one Tink had smashed into pieces before turning into a deadly monster and killing his and Po's family. But the giant vat of custard was glowing, like the bowls.

The Guardian looked out. "Oh, god. That's a lot. We aren't gonna be able to burn all of that."

Dutch heard that and looked over. "Is that what caused this whole thing?" He asked.

The Guardian nodded. "It needs to be destroyed."

"We will destroy it. Once we get back, I'll let a team burn it. Thankfully, I know someone who's good at burning things."

Po smiled a little. "Thank you."

Dutch nodded before facing the other opening outside the helicopter.

Po then tried to switch topics for a moment. "So, I don't think this flying thingy will crash, so...What's the name you always wanted, Guardian? I still feel a little odd calling you that."

"Oh, yeah! I always liked the name Walten." He said. "Dunno why. Just kinda fits for no reason, you know? I always preferred White or just W sometimes as a little nickname, but Walten just fits."

Po smiled before offering her hand for a handshake. "It's nice to meet you, Walten!"

'Walten' smiled and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too."

Ron poked his head out from another spot in the helicopter where he was having his wounds treated. "Seriously, are you dat-"

"RON, PLEASE DON'T FINISH THAT SENTENCE."

"Nevermind then."