Chapter 6: Laa Laa

They were so close to the Satellite Station. Just a little more walking. They couldn't believe how close they already were.

The Guardian narrowed his eyes and then gasped when he saw a satellite dish up ahead. "It's there! We made it!!!"

"Really?! Yay!!!" Po cried out with a cheer. "How far is it?"

"We just have to make it through the outskirts, and we'll be there!" The Guardian said. "But don't worry! It's not like a maze or something! It's sort of a broken stone place. We'll be at The Satellite Station in no time flat."

Po smiled. "Then, this whole mess will be over. Right?"

"Mhm. It will all be over." The Guardian said before seeing the sun coming up. "Oh! The sun's almost up."

"Finally. I think I'm getting scared of the dark now." Po said.

"Makes sense." The Guardian said with a small shrug as they kept walking.

The two kept talking and walking, learning more and more about the other until suddenly, Po spoke up.

"Thank you." She said.

"Huh? For what?"

"For saving my life. You saved me from Tink. You saved me again when he turned into that monster. And you saved me from being turned into tubby toast." She giggled. "You're really good at saving my life!"

The Guardian blushed and chuckled a little. "I guess so! And I suppose you owe me."

"Uhh, well, I..."

"Po, I'm just kidding. You being safe is all that I can ask for." The Guardian said with a smile.

Po felt her face suddenly grow...warm. But she didn't know why. So, she shrugged it off and kept smiling. "So...After everything's normal again. Are you gonna hide from us again? Am I gonna forget you?"

The Guardian was silent for a moment before looking at her. "No. You're not gonna forget me. Erasing memory of me is gonna hurt us both. And it's clear hiding from you guys when I'm supposed to protect you all doesn't work. So, maybe we'll figure out some kind of living situation? I dunno. There's not much to pack in my secret lair anyway."

"Hehe! I guess! Oh! And one more question!" Po said.

"Shoot."

"U-Uhh..." Po didn't seem to understand what he meant, and thought he actually meant to shoot a weapon.

"Oh! No! It means to ask it! Sorry!" The Guardian said with a laugh.

Po sighed in relief before facing him. "What's your name?"

"The Guardian."

"No. Your REAL name? The Guardian is kind of just a title. You can't have been called The Guardian when you were a little tiddlytubby!"

The Guardian was about to answer until he was silent and looked down. "I...don't have one. I've only ever known The Guardian for my whole life."

"Oh...That's sad. I'm sorry."

"It's ok. A name doesn't really define who I am and The Guardian isn't an embarrassing one." He said. "But an actual name would've been nice."

"Maybe we could give you a name!"

"What? Like a nickname that's my actual name?"

"Yeah!!"

"I guess it's worth a shot."

"Ok! What do you wanna be called?!" Po said, seeming very excited.

The Guardian thought for a moment. "You know, I always liked the name Wal-"