The island

(y/n) POV

"For one full month, you will stay here on this uninhabited island alone. The use of alchemy is forbidden! One is all and all is one! I want you to think about this and tell me what you think it means. If I like your answer then I will teach you." Izumi said as she tossed me a knife before she left, "First thing's first, I'm gonna need shelter." I said as I walked into the woods, "With all the things Uncle Greed taught me this will be easy." I said, "(y/n)." a voice said, "WHO'S THERE?!" I said as I turned around and saw no one, "It's too early for me to be going crazy." I said as I walked away.

"It took me a few hours, but I finally got a simple shelter. I didn't do half bad considering I'm still a kid and I've never done this before." I said, "Now I think I'll go and try to catch some fish for my dinner." I said as I tied my knife to a long stick.

"I think tomorrow I'll go look around the island. Maybe Teacher hid the answer to her question somewhere I would never think to look." I said as I took a bite of my fish, "Yeah that's definitely something she'd do, she is only human after all. She's nothing like Mommy." I said, "Whelp it's time for bed!" I said as I lied down.

The next day I explored about half of the island but as a result, I didn't catch any food.

I've been on the island for a few days now and the philosophers stone Mommy had given me had somehow shrunk. "What's going on here?" I said as I looked at my reflection, "If she was here, she would know what was happening." I said sadly before I got angry and tried to slap the water, suddenly my nails extended to incredible lengths and left deep cuts in the ground under the water, "But that's the! Ultimate Spear!" I said in shock, suddenly the stone completely turned to dust and entered my body, "(y/n)." a woman said from behind me, "Hello, Mommy." I said as I began to cry before I ran over to her and hugged her. "I missed you so much, Mommy!" I cried, "I missed you too sweetheart." She said, "It worked, I brought you back." I cried, "No, you didn't. I'm still dead. I'm only here because I put a part of my philosopher's stone into the one I gave you. Somehow you absorbed the stone and now you've become a pseudo-homunculus." She said, "You are the only one who can feel, touch, hold, smell, see, and hear me. I'm so sorry honey, I only put myself into your stone so if something would happen to me, you would always have a part of me with you forever." She said as she held me.

Days later Mommy and I explored the rest of the island. We eventually made our way to a small cliff with a skeleton sitting against a large rock holding a sword. "(y/n) this world is cruel. You can die at any moment without warning, you can rule a kingdom or have nothing. In the end, we are all the same, human or otherwise." Mommy said, "We are in a never-ending cycle that will continue long after we are gone." She said, "I don't understand it, but what happens when you die? If everything is connected what happens to the souls of the dead?" I asked, "That's not for me to say, but I like to think that the dead are always with their families and loved ones watching over them like what I'm doing for you now." She said as I picked up the sword and drew it. Its blade was stained red with blood.

"(y/n) let's head back before it gets dark

"(y/n) let's head back before it gets dark." She said, "Alright." I said.

That night Mommy helped me cook dinner, "This tastes amazing Mommy!" I said, "I'm glad, but you did the work, and look." Mommy said as she pointed at the woods, there was a small baby fox that looked like it was starving, I tore off a small piece of meat and set it out for the fox. It ate the meat without hesitation, "Looks like she's a girl, are you going to keep her sweetie?" Mommy asked as I gave the fox some more food, "Maybe if she'll let me." I said.

For the next few days, the fox kept coming back and after a while, she felt comfortable with me enough that she stayed by me and let me pet her, "Well looks like you have your very first pet honey. What will you name her?" Mommy asked, "Aoi." I said, "Oh, and why Aoi?" She asked, "Because it suits her." I said, "Fair enough." She said.

"It has been a month. Now, what is the answer to all is one and one is all?" Izumi asked, "I don't know, but what I do know is everything is in a cycle that will never end and is inescapable." I said, "(y/n) that is both correct and incorrect. I will train you, but only so you do not do anything foolish like human transmutation ever again." She said, "Now come on we are leaving." She said as I walked towards the boat, suddenly I felt Aoi tug on my pant leg, "Izumi." I said as I picked up Aoi, "Can I keep her?" I asked Izumi sighed, "Very well." She said.