Important

"Fucking hell! You had one job." Jason shouted, throwing a pot at Damian's head. "Stay at home we said! What did you do? Go to another country?"

Damian calmly dodged the pan. It clattered to the ground with the rest of the kitchenware that Alfred was sure to make Jason clean. "It was only another state Todd. I found sightings of Jon there."

Damian had fully rehabilitated and retrained himself diligently to the shape he was in before. Despite this, his brothers refused to let him out of the house, watching him as much as possible, giving him less chances to look for Jon.

Which also meant that when the opportunity arose, he didn't hesitate to leave.

"I'm fully well, Todd. Thank you for the concern, but I need to find Jon."

"Do I look like I fucking care? Dick is going to kill me when he finds out." Jason scowled.

Damian raised his eyebrows, rolling his eyes. Good to know you care about me, he thought.

"JASON I TOLF YOU TO KEEP HIM AT- " Dick barged into the kitchen, fully clothed in his police uniform, screaming until he saw Damian standing by the wall, cutlery scattered everywhere. "Damian, what are you doing here? You should go rest."

"I'm fine Greyson. I'd be better once I find that stupid Superboy. Don't suppose there was any news from your colleagues?" Damian asked hopefully.

"Nothing yet." Dick sighed, "That's not important Damian, you- "

"It's important to me." Damian glared at him, leaving the room without another word. If Dick was not going to aid him with his search, there was no reason to continue the conversation.

Clearly they had different ideas of important.

"Damian that's not what I meant." Dick called, catching up to Damian at the steps, and grabbing his arm. "I just meant that- "

"There's not much else you could have meant. Now excuse me, I have a missing person to find."

————————————————————————
Two figures stood in a dark ally way, away from all light, whispering.

"We had an agreement. I'm doing my part, at least try to do yours."

"It'll be easier if I had some help."

"I've already done what I could."

"Can't you tell- "

"Are you trying to get caught?"

"... Fine, I'll do better. But you aren't exactly doing your job outstandingly either."

The figure sighed, "Just a while more and he'll give up. Just make sure you don't mess up."

With that, the two shadows walked away from each other, one crawling deeper into the darkness and the other rejoining the bustling streets.
————————————————————————————————————————————