Rescue

T/N: Hi guys, sorry for the long wait. I forgot my password and couldn't get back in hahaha. I've decided to just finish it up and then rewrite it. I know it's a bad decision, ;)
______________________________

Damian walked to and fro on his little room's roof. There was only a narrow space for him to walk on, thankfully Damian's balance was relatively good. A large log was propped up in the centre, making it the highest point of the entire island.

"Honestly, what were they thinking. Where did they even get this from." Damian sighed, sliding down to sit on the roof. Damian felt a slight breeze brush his face before a masculine figure settled beside him.

"Superman." Damian greeted, his tone monotonous and continued facing forward into the distance.

"Damian, I saw your note..." Superman paused, turning to face Damian, " Damian listen to me, Jon- "

"Jon is an idiot who is drowning in self pity and the lot of you are encouraging his behaviour. If he cared for me at all he wouldn't strand me on a island for no reason." Damian grunted, his tone turning dark. He always had trouble controlling his emotions when it came to Jon. "As his father with a wife, I'd expect more fatherly guidance."

Superman became silent and shifted his weight uncomfortably. "It was Jon's choice Damian. We just supported him."

"No, I suspect my brother suggested it first. So why do you help with this nonsense Clark? Do you disapprove of us that much?"

"No! I just... I just want Jon to be happy Damian. Being a hero, having a lover who's a hero... Damian it's going to be hard. I don't want to see Jon suffer."

Damian sighed, finally turning to lock eyes with Superman. "I'm not a child superman. We've been together long enough to know. I will not make Jon suffer, not like you are doing now."

It was a gamble, of course. Damian had no way of knowing Jon's mental state in the time they'd been separated. But if Jon was anything like the man he fell in love with, he would be suffering.

Superman kneaded his temples. "All right. I understand." He sighed and stood, offering a hand to Damian, "Come, don't make me regret my decision Damian Wayne."

Damian grinned a self-satisfactory smile, "Of course not Father-in-law."