Memories

Three Months Ago

Two figures stared into the distance, the dark night enveloping them in it's embrace.

"It's not often you take a break Dami. Thank you for doing this for me." Jon shyly whispered, snuggling into his shoulder despite being far taller.

Damian leaned his head on his boyfriend's. It was true he supposed, it took a few months before Damian finally got time off of work to go on a nice long date with Jon.

Wordlessly, Damian lifted Jon's head to look him in the eyes and pecked his lips.

Jon didn't need to hear it, the action spoke louder than any of Damian's curt words could ever.

Jon teared up, " Dami I love you."

"I know."

Present

Damian lived comfortably, disregarding the fact that he was being held prisoner and watched 24/7. He suspected Dick was involved, unfortunately, and to his great disappointment, he overlooked the clear signs that pointed to the whole family being involved.

He felt slightly touched how caring they were for his wellbeing, yet that small happiness was overshadowed by betrayal and his mind that whirred at a tremendous speed.

His accommodation was in no way uncomfortable, only suffocating and enraging. He spent a lot of his time trying to escape secretly, yet every lock he broke was soon replaced. His voice hurt as well from shouting at his brothers and father at any chance he got.

"Dami why don't you go rest?" He heard Tim's voice drift into the room.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself Drake? Or do something useful with your life. This is pointless and you know it, Grayson is being unreasonable. You all are-"

"I think you're tired Dami, I'll leave now so you can get some rest."

Soft footsteps followed and Damian collapsed onto his chair that he hadn't moved from for the last 40 hours. A useless act of rebellion, yet all he could master with his very limited resources.

Damian sighed, finger tapping impatiently. "Don't worry Jon." Damian gritted, "I'll bring you home."