day of the acorn stakes

It has been a week since the Belmont and today is the day of the first race in the new York filly triple Tira. We are sill at Belmont because the acorn stakes is also held at Belmont but instead of a mile and a half like the Belmont stakes the acorn stakes is only a mile. Only ten fillies including California crime are running today. The lineup and odds are

1. California Crime odds 1 to 2

2. Not my shade odds 5 to 7

3. What with the rush odds 3 to 9

4. Shadowcat odds 1 to 5

5. Mystery solver odds 4 to 14

6. Gold Coast odds 6 to 12

7. Grand lady odds 5 to 25

8. Never wrong odds 10 to 50

9. Sliver cloud odds 6 to 12

10. Warrior soul odds 3 to 30

California crime was the favorite followed by shadowcat with sliver cloud and gold Coast tied for third favorite. It turns out that somehow by winning the triple crown California crime had earned the heart of the nation. California Crime just loves all the cameras taking pictures of her and the huge crowds. She now for some odd reason when it comes to cameras and crowds she will just stop and look at them. It had already gotten pretty annoying because we could not get her to move a muscle in till she decided that it was time to get back to work. Luckily for us the only time she is guaranteed not to do that is when I'm working her out so we are all betting on that California crime will act like she does during her workouts because if not we're done for. I've noticed that I'm spending most of my time now with either California crime and or a two year old colt also owned by California Crime's owner named Seattle demon. We have put Seattle demon in between the wall and California crime. I think we all have triple crown hopes for him even if he is usually aggressive. I've also learned that due to the fact Seattle demon is way less aggressive when around California crime plus his past performances that when we go to other countries Seattle demon will come with us. I am sill kinda surprised that California crime was bred in Canada but as a yearling she moved to California after she was sold. After they finnish saddling grand lady who was giving them trouble they call riders up. I hop up on California crime as alex leads us out of the saddling paddock and onto the track before he uncilps the lead rope and a track attendant takes hold of California Crime's reins and leads us over to the starting gate when she let's go and a track attendant walks over and leads us into the starting gate. Ready girl I ask California crime. As always she shakes her head and stomps her foot in rely. Finally after what seemed like forever but was really only a few seconds the bell we have all been waiting for rings and the gates fly open. As we flew out I whisper let's do this.