day of the Alabama stakes

It has been two weeks since the coaching club American oaks today is the day of the Alabama stakes. The Alabama stakes is the third and final leg of the new York filly triple Tira. The race is run at the same distance as the Kentucky derby meaning the race is one mile and one fourth of a mile or ten furlongs. We are sill at Saratoga. There is a total of 20 fillies running today including California crime. The lineup and odds are:

1. California Crime odds 2 to 4

2. Red ruby odds 9 to 13

3. White oxbow odds 5 to 25

4. Western flight odds 3 to 8

5. What the rush odds 1 to 9

6. Mystery Solver odds 2 to 8

7. Not my shade odds 6 to 14

8. Grand lady odds 8 to 19

9. Valley view odds 9 to 17

10. Gold Coast odds 4 to 17

11. Sliver water odds 6 to 19

12. Golden Gem odds 4 to 24

13. Just me odds 5 to 16

14. Night owl odds 9 to 18

15. Rachel rebellion odds 3 to 17

16. Luckily lady odds 6 to 19

17. Death wish odds 6 to 20

18. My life odds 2 to 20

19. Water resistant odds 5 to 29

20. Star wisher odds 1 to 30

As Eric gets crime ready I notice for the first time how much she has changed since when I first met her. She sill stands only 15.3 hands high but now you can easily see the power in her which whenever she moves the slightest her coat ripples as if her coat is to small unlike little over a year ago no matter how hard you tired it was impossible to see any power in her and whenever she moved there were not ripples. Also her tail and mane have both gotten longer so now the tip of her tail touched the ground instead of touching her hocks and her mane had gotten at least two inches longer. It also seems impossible to believe that California crime once was a filly who would sleep all day longer, send her riders flying and not take any interest in what was around her. Now she is a filly who is up last, will only let one person rider her, won the triple crown, takes in absolutely everything around her and both her total speed and staima is unknown. If anyone told me a year ago that this filly who seemed like the world's least likely candidate to win the u.s triple crown of thoroughbred raceing not only won it but is currently undefeated I would tell them that they are cazry and probably laugh. I am knocked out of my thoughts when they called riders up. I hear Eric say good luck as I hop up on crime and alex walks us out to the track. Alex also tells us good luck just before he let's go of the lead and we walk out onto the track. After the post parade that as always is completely boring the people loading the starting gate load us up first. Just like always crime goes in without a problem. As they start to load the other horses I lean forward and whisper to her we got this. As always she responds by shaking her head while she stomps a hoof and flings her tail back and forward. Finally after the last horse is loaded the long low ring of the bell sounds and the gates fly open.