the acorn stakes

I am almost certain that California crime actually did just fly out of the starting gate. almost immediately she has settled into a pace that doesn't just eat up the ground it devovers and destroy the ground instead. We easily without any issues take the lead. Just as we pass the quarter mile mark the large 17 hands tall pure black filly named shadowcat makes a attempt to take the lead. Just before shadowcat catches up California crime slows her pace and gives me this look that says look I got this trust me. I quietly whisper to her okay girl just as shadowcat catches up to us. California Crime immediately adjusts her pace to macth the pace of shadowcat. I immediately understand what California crime is doing she's going to keep the exact same pace as shadowcat and is either going to wait for shadow to tire out or in till we head into the last turn before inceaseing her speed and out run shadowcat. As we reach the third quarter mile mark we are sill head to head with shadowcat. Just as we pass the third quarter mile mark shadowcat starts to tire and slow down while California crime just shakes her head and returns to her pace that for most other racehorse's is not anywhere near a normal pace but I've come to accept her pace that devovers as well as destroys the ground as normal pace when raceing. We fly across the wire ten and a half lengths ahead of never wrong who was now in second place. as they place the blanket of flowers on her back California crime lifts her head up as high as possible and let's out a loud neigh as she stomps her right front hoof on the ground while her tail flings back and forward. Everyone bursts out laughing as alex walks over and takes the lead rope from a track attendant while I rub California crime on her neck as I lean forward and whisper to her great race crime. California Crime just nods her head in agreement causing everyone to laugh.