day of the affirmed handicap

It has been a week since the Alabama stakes in new York. Now we are in California at Santa Anita park for the affirmed handicap. To me and crime will be going 8.5 furlongs or a mile and one sixteen of a mile in the affirmed handicap. There are a total of 20 horses running today. There is another filly running as well. The lineup and odds are :

1. Wicked love odds 1 to 9

2. To night odds 6 to 17

3. Give me another odds 2 to 4

4. Night boss odds 3 to 7

5. Long road odds 8 to 45

6. American orb odds 7 to 47

7. Northern war odds 9 to 43

8. Easy wish odds 9 to 39

9. Jack frost odds 6 to 60

10. Civil rags odds 1 to 21

11. Running Bull odds 5 to 25

12. Green salad odds 3 to 15

13. Last second odds 8 to 16

14. Hidden delivery odds 7 to 14

15. Sping hope odds 9 to 53

16. Indian love odds 2 to 58

17. Dead sun odds 6 to 86

18. Infinity desert odds 9 to 50

19. Lightning bolt odds 4 to 44

20. California Crime odds 3 to 4

It's been a while since we've been up against give me another. I was starting to both kinda miss and kinda worry about him. So it feels good to see 16 hands tall chestnut colt. Apparently he went into the Kentucky derby undefeated and since he last raced against California crime he has been undefeated makeing California crime the only horse to have defeated him so far. Since his minor injury that caused him to unfortunately miss the Belmont this will be his third race since him and California crime last raced each other. As I thought crimes popularity has grown. It is basically certain that this 15.3 hands tall filly named California crime who as a two year old went undefeated with 11 wins that included the breeders cup juvenile fillies. Has gone undefeated as a three year old so far with 11 wins. As well as the 12th u.s triple crown winner. The first since affirmed in 1978 and the first filly in history to win it. Plus the 1st new York filly triple Tira winner. I mean just saying her popularity is just going to stay the same or decrease is insane. Finally the last colt gets saddled. After they call riders up I jump onto crime for the post parade. As we go through the post parade I'm amazed crime can handle the racket the crowd is making. As we reach the starting gate we are handed off to someone else who loads us into the starting gate. After they get the last colt loaded the only sounds come from the horses as we wait for the bell. Suddenly the loud sharp ring of the bell sounds as the gates fly open.