Chapter 1 - The Vigilante

Natasha's POV

It was Friday night so Pepper, Wanda, Carol and I decided to have a girls night out in Brooklyn, Bucky and Steve were always going on about how Brooklyn was and still is 'The Greatest Borough of New York' so we decided what the hell lets go to Brooklyn. Missions at S.H.I.E.L.D were stressful at the best of times so it felt nice when we got to let loose and feel normal rather than an Avenger.

Pepper was dressed in a simple yet elegant grey knee length dress and had her hair straight and flowing. Wanda had her knee high boots and black knee length dress on. Carol was dressed in a yellow dress slightly above the knee with black stilettos whilst I was in a black jumpsuit with black heels.

The ladies and I were at some tacky club called Goodfellas, near the Brooklyn Bridge, sitting in a corner booth away from the people who were either dancing on the floor or drunkenly hitting on people which unfortunately we found out first hand when a man in his late 20's with brown hair and cheap aftershave staggered his way over from a similar aged group of men sitting by the bar.

Man: Slurringly Ladies, you are all looking hot, would any of you care to dance?

We all looked at each other in disgust

Natasha: Frustratingly Not interested, plus you couldn't get with your one of us if you tried.

The other ladies started chuckling to themselves

Man: Well I'm always one for a challenge he winked in my direction before staggering off back to his friends trying to catch his balance twice.

Wanda; I can't believe there are men like that out there.

Pepper: Kind of reminds of Tony back in the day. Well minus the charm, jokes, kindness, the suit etcetera.

Natasha: So basically the only thing they have in common is being arrogant drunks.

Pepper: Basically

Carol: Makes me think of Bonnie Tyler's 'Holding out for Hero' She pulls out the umbrella from her margarita and starts singing quietly so only the four of us could hear 'Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods'

Natasha: Jokingly Pretty sure Thor is back at the tower. We all share a small laugh

Wanda: Carol, I'm definitely getting you to sing that next time we have a karaoke night at the tower.

Carol who had taken a sip of her margarita did a small spit take at the thought of Wanda's suggestion

Carol: No, No, No! Absolutely Not!

Pepper: We'll just have to get you a little bit tipsy and then I think you'll change your mind.

Carol: I'll be giving up alcohol from this day onwards lifting up her margarita glass........ starting tomorrow before drinking a large amount of her drink.

Natasha; We'll see how long that lasts, ten bucks that doesn't last until Tony's next party.

Wanda: I will second this

Pepper: As will I

Carol: Scoffs Easiest thirty bucks I'll ever make.

Pepper,Wanda and Nat; We'll see

We all share a laugh and ordering another round of drinks before deciding to leave Goodfellas and head back to the tower.

All four of us were relatively sober however Carol was ever so slightly more tipsy than the rest of us whilst we were headed back to we were stopped by the man from before.