Chapter 12 - Surprise

Over the last couple of days Y/N had explained to Natasha about what he and Venom could do together, he even showed her what he could do. She knew that Y/N was a good man and she trusted him. She also agreed to help them tell the Avengers about Venom.

They relished the time they shared together over the last three days knowing full well that now Y/N was available to go on missions that the time they did have would be far more sparse. They simply enjoyed each other's company not once mentioning anything to do with the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D or anything work related which for Natasha especially was a welcome invitation.

It was Y/N and Natasha's (and Venom's) last night in Canada, Y/N had told Natasha he was going into Vancouver to get food for breakfast which was technically true but not fully true, he had successfully convinced Natasha that he was a good driver. She jokingly threatened to kill him if he got arrested......at least he hoped she was joking.

It was about 10 PM when Y/N came back, he tried to drive in quietly but due to the car they had it was virtually impossible. He had gotten out of the car to get the surprise ready.

Y/N came in to the shack around six minutes later. Venom detached himself from Y/N and he did his usual thing by going into the kitchen and pigging out. 'Fuck he's a greedy bastard' Y/N thought to himself before going to find Natasha.

He walked into the bedroom to see her already under the covers.

Y/N: What are you doing?

Natasha: Getting ready to go to bed we've got a long flight in the morning.

Y/N: Gonna have to put sleep on hold I'm afraid because I've got a surprise for you so get changed into something casual.

Natasha: A surprise but it's late and we need sleep.

Y/N: We can sleep on the plane, you can even use me as a pillow.

That was enough to change her mind as she quickly got out of her sleepwear much to Y/N's amusement and into a white t-shirt and jeans.

Y/N: Gotta say it's nice to know you can get your clothes off that fast.

Natasha: I'm sure it's something you'll get used to.

She gave him a wink and that shut him up as he linked arms with her and led her outside.

Y/N: Close your eyes

She did as he asked as he led her outside and kept repeating 'almost there' and not far now'.

Y/N: Ok, open

Y/N spoke with a soft and gentle tone, she opened her eyes to reveal a blanket with two pizza boxes and wine on it.

Y/N: I hope you like it, I thought I'd try to do something nice seeing it's our last night before we go back.

Natasha pressed her lips to his cheek.

Natasha: I love it.

Y/N gaining a new lease of confidence from her positive reaction and broke the arm link standing in front of Natasha.

Y/N: Well then Natasha Romanoff, would you like to go on a date with me?

He extended his hand out to her as she smiled gleefully.

Natasha: Y/N L/N I'd love to.

She took his hand as he guided her to the blanket before letting her sit down.

They ate their pizza and drank wine as they shared stories and laughed together sitting under the stars on their first date.

Y/N: You know this is the first date I've ever been on.

Natasha: Really!

She was genuinely surprised that someone like Y/N had never been on a date before.

Y/N: I mean I have experience with women but never one that I care deeply about.

Natasha's cheeks went a light shade of pink at his feelings towards her as she stayed silent which Y/N was fine with because her face told him everything he needed to know.

Y/N: I've gotta say I enjoy being able to make you blush.

Natasha: Well, you're the only one that can make me blush.

Y/N felt proud that he could turn the Black Widow, one of the most badass people in the world, into a complete bumbling mess.

They ate the rest of their pizza and had a couple of glasses of wine each. They could both handle their alcohol well so were both sober. Once they had finished, they lay down and looked up at the stars.

Y/N: Did you enjoy the date? I didn't want to over do it but I didn't want to under do it.

Natasha turned on her side and leaned on her arm to face Y/N.

Natasha: Eating pizza, drinking wine and looking up at the stars and to top it off being with you. It's the best date of my life.

Y/N turned on his and mirrored Natasha's position.

Y/N: Tell me, Natasha. Are you the type of woman who kisses on the first date?

She had a wide grin on her face.

Natasha: Never.....

Y/N's face dropped in disappointment which Natasha felt only a teeny tiny bit guilty about but she knew that would change soon enough as she placed her forehead against his as she whispered with a sultry tone.

Natasha: But.....I think that can change.

She placed her lips on his and it was safe to say that it was a brilliant way to end their first date.