Chapter 8 - Bonding

Y/N woke up to see that it was 8:43 AM and his head hurting from the previous night not because of the alcohol but because he was upset over the fact that Natasha obviously didn't share his feelings towards her. It was obvious really, he was a homeless man who had spent his life in the sewers whereas she....she was the world's greatest assassin, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, she could have any man or woman she pleased why did he think she would want him.

However he wasn't about to let his own feelings get in the way of the strong friendship he had built with her over the past week. He would do what he always did, put on a brave front.

Y/N figured he would go out into the city and clear his head for a bit.

Y/N: J.A.R.V.I.S?

J.A.R.V.I.S: Yes, Y/N?

Y/N: If anyone comes by just tell them, I'm going into the city. I need to clear my head.

J.A.R.V.I.S: Alright I'll notify anyone if they ask.What time will you be back?

Y/N: Late

Y/N put on a white cotton t-shirt, blue jeans, some boots and a black leather jacket before heading out into the city.

He strolled around the city getting a McMuffin from McDonald's in Times Square using some of the money he had received from the fight he had the previous week.

Y/N spent his time enjoying the city life as a normal citizen, something he hadn't regularly endured during his time on the streets but it felt fulfilling, it gave him a chance to reflect on how much his life had changed in the space of a week.

Y/N had spent his life with so little that he had learnt to hang on tightly to the things that he did have that belief only grew when he joined the Avengers.

It was now night time and Y/N was sitting on top of a apartment complex overlooking the New York harbour thinking how beautiful it looked with the stars reflecting off of the water.

He saw the time on a big analogue clock above a restaurant which read 7:56 PM and decided to head back to the tower before anyone got worried but as he turned around he was hit with a wave of darkness.

-
It was 11:30 PM back at the tower Natasha was sitting down in the lounge with Clint, Steve, Wanda and Carol watching Saw 2.

Whilst the others were watching the film, Natasha was focussing more on her own thoughts conflicted with her past and possible future.

Suddenly,, she was brought back to reality as Wanda had paused the film.

Clint: What the hell, it was getting to the good bit.

Wanda: I'm trying to concentrate on the film but someone's thoughts are so loud that I can't watch.

Natasha knowing Wanda was talking about her got out from under the blanket they were sharing.

Natasha: Sorry Wanda, I'll go back to my room.

Natasha tried to get up and leave but before she could Wanda had a hold of her wrist.

Wanda: No, no, no. Talk to us.

Carol: Talk to us we're your friends.

Clint: Yeah, what's troubling you dear friend.

Natasha shook her head at Clint's remark before sitting back down.

Natasha: threateningly What I'm about to tell you doesn't leave this room.

Carol, Clint, Steve and Wanda hold their hands up defensively as Natasha holds a serious look on her face.

Natasha: softly I've just been thinking a lot about.......Y/N.