Chapter 3 - Avengers Tower

Y/N's POV

Steve, Clint and Natasha lead me back to their car I was in the back with Steve whilst Clint was in the passengers seat up front with Natasha driving back to Manhattan.

Y/N: So Steve, how long did it take you to adjust from the 40's to now.

Steve: I still don't think I have, everything is so advanced now and still can't quite wrap my head around it.

Y/N: Do you prefer it now or then?

Steve: Both have their positives and negatives.

Y/N: If you had the chance to go back, would you?

Steve: I-I-

He was getting uncomfortable because I was digging a bit too much with my personal questions.

Y/N: It's fine, you don't have to answer.

Steve looked a little relieved to not have to answer and I could tell afterwards that it was a touchy subject.

We sat in an awkward silence for a small while until Steve started to ask me some personal questions.

Steve: What made you want to become a vigilante?

I wasn't a big fan of being called a vigilante but it was in fact what I was, taking the law into my own hands on many an occasion.

Y/N: You were at the Den, that's the kind of people that shouldn't be on the streets. I've seen a lot of bad things happen because of people like that. So I wanted to help put a stop to it.

Steve: Fair enough, this city is full of crime.

Y/N: You got that right, almost every night I see someone attempting to rob others or kill someone. I try my best but you can't save everyone.

Steve: No...... you can't....... It was similar for me in the war, most of the time we went out, we save most people but not all of them. 

Y/N: That's the way the world works Mr Rogers, you can try all you want to do the right thing but in the end someone always pays the price.

He looked at me with melancholy and nodded knowing that I was telling the truth.

Steve: You know you don't have to call us 'Mr' and 'Miss' all of the time, just call is by our first names but I appreciate your respect. 

He then leans in and whispers 

Steve: You can call Tony, Mr Stark because he hates it, makes him feel old.

Clint shot his head back towards us as Steve clearly didn't whisper quietly enough.

Clint: Did Captain America just encourage a joke on Tony?

I chuckle at his immediate shock.

Steve: You know Barton, I'm not the 'square' you think I am.

Clint: Could've fooled me

Clint then turns his head back to face forward.

Y/N: You said calling Tony, Mr Stark makes him feel old but aren't you over 100 years old.

Steve: Technically but years on ice kept me looking younger.

Y/N: Whenever you retire from the Avengers, I'm sure you could sell that idea to the beauty industry and become richer than Tony. I'm sure that would be the ultimate joke on him. I put extra emphasis on the ultimate. 

Everyone in the car laughs which makes me feel good that they're so open and accepting already of me

Clint: I reckon the others are going to like you Y/N.