one

a typical high school student in his junior year walked through the hallway that was swarmed with other students, making their ways to their next period. every now and then he waved at the familiar faces that passed by and showed them his signature wide smile where he had to squint his eyes a little. 

"seokmin!" 

before the called boy could turn around another boy threw an arm around his shoulder, making him look at the equally bubbly male walking next to him. 

"soonyoung hey! didn't you have dance practice?" seokmin asked, making the boy, whose name supposedly is soonyoung, shake his head with a foolish smile printed on his face. 

"i wouldn't miss this for the world!" the energetic boy answered, waving the flyer he was holding onto in front of seokmin's face. "in which group are you placed?" 

seokmin reached for his backpack, pulling out the flyer that had written the words school camp in cursive letters all the way on the top of the little piece of paper. on the bottom of his flyer was a big number 3, written in a box with a red marker, right next to the mentioned classroom they had to be for the next period. 

"i'm in three, how a-" before he could end his sentence soonyoung had thrown the arm, that formally lay around his shoulder, in the air and let out some sort of weird but loud noise. seokmin, being used to soonyoungs customary weird outbursts, just kept on walking, patiently waiting for soonyoung to calm down again. 

"i am too! this is going to be so much fun!"

"it would be even better if kwan will be there too!" seokmin hyped both himself and soonyoung up. 

"do you actually think the teachers are stupid enough to tear our iconic trio apart?" 

"i don't think they are brave enough to do that anymore after seungkwan barged into the principals office last time it happened." 

seokmin let out a high pitched laugh, thinking about the tragedy that happened at the very beginning of their school year. in fact, seokmin had been the closest friends with soonyoung and seungkwan ever since freshman year. 

they were known through all the school as the iconic 'booseoksoon' trio, making everyones day with the happy energy they radiated. although seungkwan could come off as mean sometimes, figuring he pulled off pretty nasty pranks for his own fun every now and then.

"i don't think they're going to do that again. i mean, if they have brains they won't."

"as if principals actually have brains!" 

the two loudly chattering boys entered the nearly empty classroom were they had to be. their teacher wasn't there yet, so they took their seats next to each other in the front row, not noticing the presence of a shy boy all the way in the back, hiding his identity behind the book he was reading. 

jeon wonwoo looked up, shaking his head in disapproval. the two boys stole his concentration away, just when the climax of the story was about to happen! the thought about going to a camp with those two annoyingly loud losers made his motivation to actually go even less and the idea of calling in sick more alluring than it had ever been.

wonwoo prayed to god that the third part of their group would stay-

-apparently luck wasn't on his side. seungkwan walked in the classroom even louder than the two of them combined were. wonwoo scrunched up his nose and let out an exhausted sigh on the thought of how chaotic their camp would be with that specific trio among them.

heck, they would even sleep in the same room for three nights. wonwoo hated to say it, but at this moment he wished he had friends to which he could complain to. 

two tables in front of wonwoo, another boy in a way too colorful outfit was seated. he wore earphones and never tore his gaze away from the window, dreaming away in the plain blue sky. wonwoo remembered him as choi hansol, another soul that didn't make it to the popular kids, but also didn't seem to mind any of it. the only thing the kid did all day was sleep, listen to music or day dream in class, which freaked out a lot of their teachers. 

the energetic trio fell silent for a mere second when the intimidating prescence of four boys filled the room. the rich kid; lee chan, one of the school's jocks; kim mingyu and the chinese wen junhui hand in hand with his boyfriend, the fashionista, xu minghao. in other words, the popular kids that stood on top of the school. 

wonwoo started wondering if the group could get any worse and he was determined to stay at home for a couple of days. although he might get a hard time on convincing his parents, who barely ever agreed on him staging at home without any reason. 

just when he was about to roll his eyes again, two others walked in. great. another couple they would have to deal with. choi seungcheol politely waved to everyone while he walked in, leading the angel looking man yoon jeonghan to a seat for them. too caught up in their own little world to even notice anything around them, just like always.

wonwoo was so busy making ideas so he wouldn't have to go, he nearly missed another presence filling their room. the biggest music producer of their school entered silently, greeting everyone politely but ignoring those who tried to start a conversation. lee jihoon sat down by himself, known as someone who respected his privacy rather too much. 

the next to walk through the door were the teacher being followed by a boy, completely out of breath. 

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry. my teacher needed me a little longer." jisoo apologized, on which the teacher only nodded with a smile. 

of course. who didn't love hong jisoo, the boy known as a gentleman among either students and teachers. the only one in the entire school who could join class half an hour late and teachers would still be happy to have him in their class. 

of course he had to be in their group too. 

"don't worry about it jisoo. please sit down so i can begin!" 

jisoo took a seat next to hansol, playfully pulling out one of the boys earphones and scaring hansol from his dream. wonwoo heard hansol whispering something to jisoo before their teacher shushed the class, something wonwoo couldn't quite understand since the two usually spoke american amongst each other. 

"now that i got everyones attention.." their teacher spoke, making a full silence fall over the classroom. finally. wonwoo thought to himself, glad that everyone, and especially the booseoksoon trio, finally stopped talking, making the headache he felt seconds ago fade away, momentarily. 

he closed his book, averting his full attention to the middle aged man that sat down in the awfully green colored chair behind his desk, clasping his hands together and leaning back in his seat. 

"let's see, one two three.... seven... yes.. nine... thirteen! we're complete! i'd like to welcome you to the group you're going to spend most of your time the next four days with! isn't that exciting?"

exciting. 

wonwoo knew enough other words to describe this group with, 'exciting' absolutely not being one of them.