thirteen

"soonyoung!" 

silence.

"soonyoung?"

who was this person whispering his name?

"kwon fucking soonyoung. wake up!" 

no this was definitely not his dream. it couldn't be. 

soonyoung let out an inhumane sound upon hearing his name being called for the third time. even when the person who slept right above him was just whispering, it had been enough to wake him up since soonyoung wasn't the deepest sleeper. 

"jihoon. what do you want?" soonyoung groaned, reaching under his pillow for his phone, only to find out it was a little past three am. what on earth was jihoon waking him up for at this time?

"shh keep your tone down! everyone's finally asleep!" jihoon hissed, carefully watching if no one heard him or had woken up. everyone had been exhausted when they returned to the cabin and had fallen asleep with ease, except of jihoon who couldn't quite fall asleep. 

he missed something. at first he didn't exactly get what held him wide awake. until his thoughts wandered off to one specific thing, or better said, one specific person. kwon soonyoung. 

soonyoung however, didn't understand why jihoon woke him up in the first place and told him to stop talking right after. "then what do you want me to do?" he whispered, equally silent as jihoon. 

"get up here." 

soonyoung's eyes shot open and it took less than a second for soonyoung to feel wide awake. "what on- jihoon are you feeling well? do i have to check your temperature or anything?" 

"just stop talking and get up here." jihoon said again, making soonyoung even more confused as to why the shorter, who usually only acted mean towards him, suddenly wanted him in the same bed. 

the beds weren't even that big, meaning if soonyoung had to get up there their bodies would be nearly squashed together. was that really what jihoon tried to achieve?

but soonyoung shook it off as he got up, the bed frame creaking lightly when his weight lifted off the mattress. he climbed up the ladder at the footboard of the bed, eyeing jihoon whose face peeked just over the duvets. 

soonyoung had absolutely no clue as to why seeing the smaller like that made his heart pound a little faster inside his chest. maybe it was the way his hair pointed out in several directions. maybe it was the expression he held, all soft and vulnerable, which didn't quite match the tone he spoke in a few seconds before.