two

"as you all probably know already, if you have actually read the description on your flyer.." a chuckle, coming from none other than kim mingyu himself disturbed the peaceful silence, followed by him bumping chan's shoulder and shrugging. of course, as if he had actually read the paper before stuffing it in his bag. 

"..this is your group for school camp. most of the activities and tasks we have planned for you will be done with the thirteen of you. not to forget, you will all share one big bedroom in the building we're staying at." 

"wait, don't we have tents?" seungkwan interrupted the overly excited man. "i thought we were going camping?" 

"the schools budget couldn't afford tents for everyone, unfortunately. that's why we rent the building we're staying at every year again. trust me when i say it's a lot more fun in a building than sleeping in a tent. a tent doesn't prevent bugs from sneaking inside most of the times." the teacher joked, resulting in a few silent chuckles from those in the classroom. 

"where exactly are we staying?" jeonghan asked, the teacher throwing his head back in laughter. 

"oh jeonghan. if you'd actually taken the effort to read the flyer, you wouldn't have asked me this question." jeonghan's head turned bright red and he muttered a silent apology, followed by seungcheol gently flicking his forehead. 

"isn't it in a forest or something?" jisoo, of course, had to help them out a little.

"in a forest? out of all places, why does it have to be a forest? come on, my cheapest pair of trousers was like a hundred bucks!" chan complains, exaggerating a heavy sigh, leaning his head on both his hands. 

"then i suggest you to buy a cheaper pair of pants because we are indeed going to a forest! and to top all that, the location is about ten miles into the woods! which means, there will be no phone connection in a radius of five miles!"

the classroom grew noisy by all the complaints that were being made. but what else would you expect, when a bunch of teenagers got to hear they wouldn't be able to use their phones over the span of four days. 

"come on, come on, when i was your age i didn't even have a smartphone. we had those little flip phones where you had to pay a dollar and fifteen cents to send a text." the teacher tried to shush his class. 

"and at that time i was still swimming laps in my mother's stomach, so that doesn't really help." seungkwan dramatically flipped his non existing long hair and folded his hands on top of his lap, his two best friends laughter being heard over all the other sounds in the room.

their teacher did another attempt on shushing the class, succeeding this time with a lot more ease than before.  

"i get that you feel upset that your phone won't be really useful without connection, but we're just out there for four days, how bad can it possibly be?" the teacher's excitement was the exact opposite of the emotions that displayed on the faces of the thirteen teens. knitted eyebrows forming frowns and gloomy expression were the only things the thirteen teens had in common that very moment. 

"now another very important part. i'm going to divide you in little groups of two. you have to stick with the one you're paired up with for several activities, the two hour bus ride there and back, and to share a bunk bed with. there will be one left out, so i'd say consider yourself lucky. you'll have room on the bus ride to sleep, you automatically get the top of the bunkbed and you can join another group every activity!" 

wonwoo, all the way in the back, rolled his eyes when he saw everyone shooting glances back and forth to their friends, claiming the persons they wanted to be a couple with. he knew already he would have to be the one to tag along with couples unintentionally.