twenty

it was nearing ten pm when both mingyu and wonwoo returned to the wooden cabin, meaning the fireplace could be lit any minute by now. 

when the door opened with a soft creak, revealing the silhouettes of the two rather tall boys, all eyes followed the movement and stared at the entrance. it was chan who got up as first, taking a sprint at mingyu and throwing his arms around his neck. something mingyu was absolutely not expecting to happen. 

his smaller body was still trembling in fear, scared mingyu might not forgive his actions. but surprisingly, mingyu hugged him as tightly as he held onto him, making his sorrows slowly fade away. 

wonwoo closed the door and walked back to their shared bed in silence, letting mingyu and chan have their moment for a minute. 

"mingyu.. i'm really sorry.. i didn't mean anything i said to you earlier.. and i really didn't want to hit you either.. i just couldn't control my body for some reason." chan revealed, which only ended in mingyu holding onto him even more tight. 

"it's okay chan.. i didn't mean anything i've said earlier as well. anger does a lot with you, right?" both mingyu and chan let go of each other, eyeing each other as they tried holding back their tears. "are you okay?" 

chan bravely nodded, swallowing away the rising lump in his throat when mingyu's swollen lip reminded him of the damage he had caused. "i am. are you okay?" mingyu nodded as well, showing an ever so friendly smile. 

it was weird for everyone in the room to see school's two most hated students suddenly being all open and vulnerable in front of each other. it was a rare view which they doubted to ever see again. 

however, wonwoo knew otherwise. 

he was certain that mingyu would be able to change to whoever he wanted to be. and chan? well. he considered that this might have been the point where chan saw the light as well.

"how about we light up this heavy mood and get ready for our campfire tonight?" jeonghan proposed, which everyone thankfully agreed to. even chan and mingyu nodded cheerfully, giving each other one more warm glance before mingyu got back to wonwoo and chan sat down next to jeonghan, finding comfort in the elders motherly care over him. 

"can i say one more thing before we move on from this?" mingyu interrupted him, gaining everyones attention at once. he swallowed away a thick lump that rose up in his throat, focussing on the words he wanted to say. words that even managed to surprise wonwoo. 

"i'm sorry." he spoke, "i'm sorry for my behavior over the past three years. i'm aware of it that the things i've been doing were horribly wrong and i want to apologize for that. especially for those i've hurt of frightened with it." 

another painful silence fell among them as everyone tried to comprehend the words mingyu just spoke. it was absolutely not like him to apologize for something nor to feel so visibly guilty, making everyone realize that it was the truth he had been speaking.

"honestly man, you just earned all my respect." hansol spoke up firstly, being his usually relaxed self. 

"we all make mistakes mingyu, i've done a lot of regrettable things in the past as well." seungcheol admitted, shocking everyone in the room. seungcheol wasn't considered as one with a dark past. however, everyone seemed to be horribly wrong about that. 

"honestly, if i didn't enter your life back then you wouldn't have changed a single bit!" jeonghan sighs happily, making seungcheol press a tender kiss against his forehead. 

"and you're absolutely right."

"love can be so beautiful.." jisoo spoke with heart eyes aimed at the couple,  " i think that's what changed our mingyu." jisoo threw a wink at wonwoo who sat on the upper bed, blushing furiously when he understood what they were trying to say. 

"if i were you i would wear something warmer than a t-shirt. the wind is playing up a little and it actually got a bit chilly." mingyu changed the subject, seeing wonwoo was visibly uncomfortable with the subject being discussed openly. 

he didn't even have the proper time yet to confess the feelings he had been feeling for wonwoo for a while already and he wouldn't let that opportunity be ruined by a stupid comment made by someone else in their bedroom. however, he couldn't complain about it as well. seeing what a simple comment like that did to wonwoo he considered there might be some returned feelings..

"good idea!" 

"i haven't brought a hoodie with me.. the weatherman said it would be warm enough to wear t-shirts until midnight. oh goddamnit." jihoon cursed, searching through his bag when everyone in the room returned their conversations and the volume rose up again. 

however, a certain someone overheard him talking to himself and appeared right next to him. 

"you can have mine!" soonyoung offered a pastel blue hoodie which softened jihoon's expression at once. 

"but.. what about you?" jihoon looked up at the taller male, crossing his arms in a way that made soonyoung's heart skip a beat. 

"i have two others with me and besides, i don't want you to feel cold tonight."

"but it's way too big."

"that means you'll be even warmer! who doesn't love oversized hoodies?"

"but i'm not able to return an oversized hoodie. you'll wear mine as a crop top."

"jihoon, just take my hoodie! i'm offering it to you because you might get cold if you don't wear one." soonyoung said, forcefully pushing the hoodie in jihoon's hands so he wasn't able to return it and turning around to his bag quick again, "and because it'll suit you adorable.." he silently added, making jihoon turn to him faster than lightning. 

"son of a bitch i heard that!" jihoon scoffed, making soonyoung turn back around to him with a playful smile lingering on his face. 

"i know, that's why i said it." he answered, taking off his t-shirt to change into his hoodie, which painted a furious blush onto jihoon's cheeks when he let his eyes linger on soonyoung's toned chest for a moment too long, which went obviously noticed by the elder. 

"i saw that!" soonyoung said with his head stuck in his hoodie, pressing his arms through the holes of the piece of clothing. 

"i wasn't staring!" jihoon defended himself even when he already knew there was no good excuse. soonyoung had caught him red handed..

"of course you weren't, jihoon." soonyoung said sarcastically, but in the nicest way possible, smiling at jihoon ever so brightly when he managed to pull the hoodie on. "just wear yours, don't catch a cold!" 

and with that soonyoung walked over to seungkwan, who was having a heated discussion with hansol whether pineapple should a pizza topping or not, agreeing with hansol who said pineapple on pizza was delicious. 

he left jihoon behind, who turned around and secretly took in the scent that lingered on the hoodie, hiding away behind the bunkbed to go unseen by everyone. 

everyone, but soonyoung, who couldn't help but to smile at the adorable sight of the smaller stuffing his face in his piece of clothing.