nine

"shall we make a bet?" jisoo looked beside him with sparkling eyes, shooting a hopeful glance at seokmin's perfectly defined side profile as he lay down in the grass next to him. 

the two boys had been occupied with watching the clear blue sky, pointing out imaginative shapes the clouds formed, for about half an hour. they told each other tales about things that happened to them in their youth, about their greatest dreams and the goals they wanted to achieve. about everything and nothing in general. 

even jisoo, who was better at listening than at speaking himself, found comfort in the lively and cheerful boy and had spoken more to him in the short amount of time they had spent than he had spoken to anyone before. 

seokmin himself wasn't only a great talker, he also tend to listen attentively to whatever jisoo told, never loosing his interest and making various notes to himself to safe the information for later. jisoo by far wasn't used to the loads of attention seokmin gave him. 

however, he absolutely couldn't complain about any of it, neither could seokmin who never received this amount of honest interest before. 

"a bet? about what?" seokmin questioned, looking back with a smile when he caught onto jisoo's mysterious behavior. 

"i can't be the only one who noticed that the couples mister lee put us up with are actually all a perfect match together, don't you agree?" the smile that appeared on seokmin's face only grew wider upon hearing jisoo's words, absolutely agreeing with him without a doubt. 

"let's do it!" seokmin determined sat straight, crossing his legs and eyeing jisoo sitting up close next to him as well. "who do you think are going to admit it first?"

jisoo brought a finger up to his lips, looking around him to see any familiar faces around them, which was hard since nearly all the students were spending their times in the late afternoon sun. he was deep in thought, focussed on every familiar face he saw, giving seokmin the opportunity to shamelessly stare at his perfectly defined facial features. 

and when the boy spoke again it instantly shook seokmin from his daydream. 

"i think hansol and seungkwan. anyone who doesn't see the chemistry between those two is in a terrible need of glasses because i've never seen someone be in love so obviously as those two before." jisoo spoke, determined about the statement. 

"i'm not so sure about that?" jisoo gave him a glance of disbelieve when he said so, but gave seokmin the opportunity to go in further explanation, "i've been the best friends with seungkwan for about seven years now, we met back in middle school. it's true that i've never seen him act like this around anyone, confirming that the feelings he has are sudden but really serious. but he isn't one to get attached easily. let's keep this between us, but he might seem all confident and funny, but he's the most insecure person i know."

"i know for sure they'll end up together eventually, but i'm assuming they will be obvious for a good month, maybe two, before they end up actually becoming a thing. seungkwan really needs time to figure out if hansol really wants him and stays with him through all seunkwan's insecurities and flaws."

jisoo was at a loss of words after seokmin revealed the obnoxiously loud, sassy boy's personality. he would have never expected anything like this behind a person like seungwkan. but he already made his statement, and he wouldn't back out now he already spoke his opinion. 

"that was.. unexpected. but i'm staying with my answer. i haven't exactly seen anyone behaving this obvious towards each other. so i'm betting on them!" jisoo spoke, determined about his decision. 

"and that's totally okay! you know that it doesn't matter to me at all." seokmin explained, hoping he didn't said anything wrong to jisoo, who only reached out to ruffle his hair and mess it up a little. 

"how can someone be as kindhearted as you. i can't believe you actually exist.." jisoo breathed out, painting a crimson tone of red on both seokmin's cheeks, "but it's your turn! what do you think, huh?"

seokmin looked around, searching for one specific couple he had on his mind since jisoo started about it. i also didn't take long for him to find them.

mingyu was occupied in a game of football, teaming up with both minghao and junhui, teaming up against another three guys he fairly knew. wonwoo sat on the grass, watching the game on a safe distance as mingyu had dragged him outside earlier, making sure the boy wouldn't lock himself in the tiny house to read another book, allowing him to breath in the fresh air for once. 

"wonwoo! come and join me!" mingyu yelled, giving junhui a terrifying look which scared the latter and made him leave the court instantly. wonwoo's eyes widened upon the offer and he crawled a few inches backwards, determined that whatever happened he wouldn't move from the grass. 

"come on! don't be lame!" mingyu tried again, his attempt on getting wonwoo on the field next to him failing miserably. of course, wonwoo was okay with allowing mingyu to get closer to him after his friendly gestures. however, he preferred to stay out of the center of attention, knowing mingyu was a loved (yet feared) student, and there would be a lot of students who saw them together. 

"god, the things i do for you." mingyu sighed playfully, running off the court straight to wonwoo, getting near him before he had the chance to escape from him. just when wonwoo got up to start running he felt a gentle grip on his upper arm, pulling him in the field's direction. "come on, please play one game with us."

"mingyu let go of me! this isn't fair, you're in a perfect shape!" he argued, his attempts of protests being ignored by the taller male who dragged him along. 

"i think it the mingyu and wonwoo couple." seokmin decided, watching if jisoo saw it too.

"i actually think they will take longer than hansol and seungkwan." jisoo stated friendly, disagreeing on seokmin's opinion, which of course was the whole idea of a bet. 

"i don't know. i honestly think mingyu has been in love with him far before this camp, since i heard he set him and wonwoo up as a couple in consultation with our teacher. and these past days i've seen such a huge change of persona with him whenever he's around wonwoo. and wonwoo himself seems to open up as well, since all i can remember was him being the silent kid in the back of the class. i haven't seen him talking this much in a year, let alone in just one day." seokmin explained his decision, making jisoo realize seokmin's points were right. 

"you're so good at explaining this." out of sudden he let out a bright laugh, a sound addictive to seokmin's ears. jisoo let his body fall backwards, aiming for a specific spot he wanted to end up on, making heat rise to seokmin's cheeks when he fell exactly where he wanted to. 

in seokmin's lap. 

"are you okay with this?" and how could seokmin say no, when the boy was looking up to him with the brightest smile and the purest eyes seokmin had ever seen from him. 

"of course." seokmin answered, bringing his hand up to jisoo's head and swirling his finger's with strands of his jet black hair, making jisoo close his eyes in relaxation. "what exactly are we betting for though?"

a wide grin appeared on jisoo's face and his eyes fluttered open again, confidently giving seokmin an answer. "if hansol and seungkwan are the first to officially start dating, meaning i would win.." he acted like he was thinking for a second, although he knew the exact answer already. 

".. i can take you out." 

even more heat rose up to seokmin's cheeks. take me out? seokmin thought to himself, surprised that jisoo felt somehow the same way like he had been feeling.

"would you like that..?" seokmin asked carefully.

"don't be silly, i would love that!" jisoo brought his hand up to seokmin's hair to ruffle his as well, brining it down soon again as the position he lay in didn't allow him to keep his arm up for long. 

"but if you win, you have to take me out." jisoo added lightening the mood up a little, as if they hadn't been talking about taking each other on dates at all. seokmin squinted his eyes when he laughed, looking up at the plain blue sky and thanking whoever was up there for the luck he was given. 

"that's a deal."