Stay

"TaeTae...?"

How does she do this? She surprises me always anew.

"Princess, how did you know that I am here?"

"I was reading a book but your footsteps were confusing me. I wasn't sure myself, till I opened the
door and smelled your perfume."

This woman manages it every time, just one word is enough, to take me into another world.
Maybe that’s why my body lead me to her on his own? Because she is kinda healing to me, like my happy pill?

She takes me by my hand and pulls me inside her apartment. Guiding me to her light grey colored couch. We both sit down, her hand still holds mine tight.

"TaeTae are you ok? You sound different, your voice sounds sad?"

There she is again. Why does she care so much?
It seems I can't hide anything from her.
Just hearing the tone of my voice and she immediately knows my emotions? Is it like this?

"I'm ok, it's just...I argued with my father and yeah, it seems he doesn't want to understand me. That's kinda made me angry. I don't want to go home now." Explaining to her, while watching her facial expressions. A concerning look appears on her face with a genuine smile.

"Stay here if you want to. My cousin, Namjoon will not come tonight. So it's ok."

Her smiling face is so adorable. The way her eyes closes automatically when she smiles, like two little crescent moons. And talking about her smile, never have I ever seen such a genuine and sincere smile on a woman except for my moms. This smile was the first thing I noticed on Sakura and I cherish it deep inside me.

If I could I would protect this smile of hers my whole life.
Protect it from all the negativity in this world.
Protect it from sadness and pain.
Protect it so it will never fade away.

Ironically, I am all of this, what I want to protect her from.

Guilt, sadness, and anger building up in me.

What even am I doing here?
Here right beside her?

Sakura is too innocent for my dumb and childish games.
But is this a game anymore?
And why is it wrong but feels just right to be by her side?

I feel calm and at peace when I'm with her. So how can this be wrong?

We listen to music, not talking a word. But it feels like we speak to each other. I slowly lay down, resting my head on her lap. My face directed up, so I can watch her beautiful features.

Her hand brushes slowly and gently through my messy hair. The other hand still intertwine with mine, resting on my chest.

"I thought you live here alone?" This question was the whole day on my mind but didn't have the chance to ask Sakura.

"Well, actually it's not even my apartment." She chuckles as she explains to me "it's the apartment from Namjoon, my cousin. But he currently in the US for a few weeks. I will live here until I finish uni."

" And after that? Where will you live?"
An uneasy feeling appears in my stomach. Scared for her answer.

"After uni, I will go back home. To Japan, Kyoto." She lets out a heavy sigh and nods her head.

This was the answer, I was afraid of. Thinking she would not be here anymore, where I can reach her in a few minutes, like tonight, make me feel things I don't wanna feel.

"We have a vacation now. I will go home in two days. What are you going to do? " her voice sounds so excited and cute. Sakura must have missed her family. Although Japan is not that far away, it's not like you can drive there in a few minutes.  No, you have to fly on a plane.