Part 6 - Jane's new look, recruitment, and practice

=

Jane sat on Evie's bed, watching as she sewed together a champagne pink jacket, (y/n) had commissioned the blue-haired girl to create a whole new outfit for Jane to help her feel more confident in her skin.

And she had to say, (y/n) and Evie had impeccable fashion taste. She looked to her side, where some of the already finished clothes sat. A pair of periwinkle blue baggy cargo pants that cuffed at her calf, a pair of white heeled sneakers painted with periwinkle and darkish pink with lilac laces, and a baby blue flowy blouse that had sheer long sleeves and some pink bow and pumpkin jewelry.

Nearly all of it had been designed by Evie, but the jacket, pants, and shirt had been designed by (y/n). Her mother was going to throw a fit when she saw her in this....and for some odd reason, she didn't mind? Of course, she was anxious about it but (y/n) was helping her learn how to block out her self-degrading thoughts, and helped her stand up to her mother when she got....choosey, about what Jane looked like.

She loved her mom but she could be very controlling about what she looked like. And (y/n) was helping her become more assertive in her own life. And with this new outfit and her new hairdo? It might give her mom an aneurism but she would feel good about herself for once.

"done! Mal?" Mal peeked at the jacket, nodding at her.

"looks nice, it'll bring out her eyes" Mal muttered, looking back down at her sketchbook.

"I know" Evie sighed, smiling at Jane, who grinned back "I was kind've surprised (y/n) came to me for a commission, I didn't really get these back on the isle" she mumbled to herself, grabbing a glittery pink bow patch and the jacket, standing and walking over to her ironing board.

"really? But you're an amazing designer, I would think everyone would be running for your designs" Jane wondered aloud, tilting her head.

"well, style is not a....huge thing on the isle" Evie chuckled. Jane hummed, thinking to herself.

"do you think I'll get a boyfriend with this look?" Jane asked aloud, Mal snorted.

"boyfriends, are overrated" she smirked, shading in the sketch she was doing.