Part 12 - Family Day

*note! Mention of rape and non-con selling of sex*

=

Harry handed Evie the blue nightshade, the blue-haired girl dropping the petals into the pot, stirring the shimmery concoction together, the clear substance turning light blue. "soooo why did yeh want meh help?" Harry muttered, tired eyes glancing at the kitchen clock.

1:30 am; he yawned, feeling his ears pop and jaw click as he did. Evie sighed and reversed her stirring, the potion turning from dark blue to silver.

"because~ Mal is always cranky at this time of night, Carlos needs his sleep, Jay is grumpy and Gil would give me the wrong ingredient or measurement, you were the best choice to help me out with this sleeping potion" Evie quickly explained, nodding over to the next ingredient she needed. "two pinches of the crushed sunflower seeds."

Harry grabbed the small glass bowl and carefully followed her instructions, pinching in the crushed seeds, he watched as they turned to gold and mixed in with the silver.

"Alright, almost done-now we just need to set the time" Evie muttered, setting up a little timer, Harry tilted his head.

"how do yeh do that?" Evie gave a sheepish grin.

"stir it for how long it needs to last? With reversing the way im stirring every two minutes?" Harry's shoulders dropped, a grimace on his lips.

"how long?" he groaned.

"Thirty minutes? But I'll be scooping out some to test for thirty seconds, please get a bottle and funnel ready?" Harry rushed to do so, realizing that she was almost ready to pour.

He grabbed the tall and wide bottle and slid the plastic funnel through the top, holding it next to the pot. Evie quickly replaced the whisk with a ladle and carefully poured the potion into the bottle, immediately going back to stirring as soon as the bottle was full.

Harry took the funnel out and watched as the potion slowed to a stop, the silver and gold dimming and resting at a dull clear blue. "is it...done?"

"yep" Evie chirped, reading her little potions book, "it says once rested it should turn a dull clear blue"

"well, it's done then" Harry muttered, corking the bottle and setting it aside. He lifted himself and sat on a nearby countertop, watching Evie dutifully stir the potion and snacking on the brownies she had baked with a box mix.