❀Ch.10❀

Aizawa's POV

The end of the day has finally arrived and I sighed in relief. Thank god. I went to the teachers lounge and started working on papers and marking tests.

It was now 6:25pm, school ended at 4:30pm. Throughout the whole day I couldn't stop worrying about (L/n). There's definitely something up with her. But she won't admit it.

I don't want to push her or anything but I think she needs help....I decided to go for a walk to clear my head for a bit and left the teachers lounge to go outside.

I took a stroll along the field and along the way found something...or someone. They were crashed out in the grass, sleeping peacefully. Upon closer inspection, it was (L/n)!

She had her gym uniform on and she looked beat. She had dirt on her and some scratches on her face and arms. Was she training out here alone? How'd she get so beat up?

I knew she would get startled if I woke her up physically so I decided to try something. I crouched down beside her and began lightly blowing on her face. Her face scrunched up but she remained asleep.

"(L/n). (L/nnn)?" I called to her. She stirred in her sleep a bit. "(Y/n) wake up. It's getting late." I said in a louder but soft voice. She groaned and opened her eyes slowly.

"Aizawa sensei?...what are you doing here?" She yawned. "That's not important. What is important however, is what are you doing here?"

She sat up and let out a groan. "I was training for a bit but I got tired and must've passed out." She shrugged and looked around. "Did you over work yourself."I pointed at her, referring to her state.

She giggled and rubbed the back of her neck. "Uhm...maybe?" I sighed. "You shouldn't do that,
(L/n). Especially since your low on energy." I lectured her.

(Y/n) looked down at her lap. "Yeah I know...I just...wanted to train hard enough so I can be really tired so I don't have to be afraid when I go to sleep...." she drifted off.

"Wait, you're afraid when you go asleep?" I asked. She looked up at me. "N-no! Not really....it's nothing! Forget I even said anything!" She said in a panic.

She's still trying to hide it. "No, tell me please." I pressed. "I'll....I'll tell you later or tomorrow..." she looked away. "Well if you say that, then would you like to go to the teachers lounge for a snack and some water? And maybe we can talk more?" I offered.

(Y/n) looked up at me hopefully. "Sure." A small smile spread on her face. "I'm going to go change and get my stuff first" she said and got up.

"I'll come with you." I said and we both went into the school.

(Y/n)'s POV

After changing back to my school uniform I went with Aizawa to the teachers lounge. Surprisingly there wasn't any other teacher. "Why is the teachers lounge so empty?" I asked while looking around.

"The other teachers usually go home at 6 and I stay longer so I can complete my work. If I'm feeling especially more tired I'll go home early to do my work. But I'm feeling okay today." Aizawa explained and I followed him to a kitchen area.

"What would you like to eat? Cookies, mochi, cup of noodles, or nutrient bars?" Aizawa asked me as I sat down on the near by couch. "Umm, mochi please. And could I have some water too?"

"Yeah, Coming right up." He dug in the fridge and walked over to me. He handed me a plate of four mochi and a bottle of water. "Thank you. Hey- what flavour of mochi is this?" I asked.

"(F/f). That's your favourite kind right?" "Yeah! My most favourite..." I smiled and bit into a mochi. Aizawa pulled out a black tea drink from the fridge, closed it and sat beside me.

I silently munched on my mochi and occasionally sipped from the water bottle. "How long were you training for?" Aizawa finally broke the silence. "Oh, 2 hours?"

"2 hours? That's a long time to train. No wonder you passed out after." Aizawa sympathized. "Heh, yeah." I was down to my last mochi already....I was really hungry okay? "Oh, you have that pin on your bag." Aizawa noticed the Eraserhead pin on my school bag. "Yeah. I want to show it off." I giggled. Aizawa nodded and a tiny smirk tugged at his lips.

I went silent after that until Aizawa spoke up.

"About the sleeping thing though." He hinted at. I really really don't want to tell him this. I mean I guess I already did but I don't want to get into detail. He already thinks it was his fault I was taken. If I tell him how I'm suffering he'll blame himself...maybe.

"I don't really want to talk about it right now. For your sake and mine." I replied truthfully. Aizawa seemed surprised but seemed to understand. "I get it. But when you're ready to tell me, I'll be here. I'm your teacher and your protector and what ever your going through I'd like to help you the best I can...because I care about you and I want you to do good."Aizawa placed a hand on my shoulder.

I felt my heart rate pick up and my face get warmer.  "Y-you care about me?" I asked not believing my ears. "Of course I do! After what we've been through I can't help but care about you a little more than the rest of the class. Don't tell them."

Wow...Aizawa cares about me more than the others....is it possible he likes me the same way? I want to make a move...but what if it's bad? No! I have to. This seems like the right moment. I've been waiting too long, it's either now or never!

I smiled and looked my teacher in the eyes. We held the gaze for a while. My heart started beating out of my chest just thinking about kissing him....

Eventually I followed my heart. I leaned into him and kissed him passionately. Aizawa's eyes widened and he gently pushed me away. "(L/n)...why did you kiss me? You shouldn't kiss a teacher under no circumstances. That was really irrational of you. What do you have to say for yourself?"Aizawa scolded me.

I froze on the spot feeling scared out of my mind. "I-I...thought we were h-having a moment...and I
r-really like you Aizawa...."I became a stuttering mess. "(L/n), no.  We weren't having a moment. You shouldn't even like me. It's unprofessional and inappropriate. Did you think I 'liked' you back?"

I swear I started to hear ringing. I felt like I was about to throw up. "Y-yeah...I thought maybe we could w-work." Aizawa sighed. "I'm your teacher and You are my student. And that's all you'll ever be to me. You're JUST my student. So please, stop living your fantasy that I'll ever like you like that." Aizawa concluded.

I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't even breathe. Just like that my idol and crush broke my heart....I was such a fool to think my TEACHER and favourite pro hero would even like me back. I'm so dumb.

I'm worthless. Why can't I do anything right? I just messed up my relationship with Aizawa....because I believed in my stupid fantasy. Everything is over.

I felt tears prick at my eyes. I felt like I was suffocating! I grabbed my bag in a flash and ran out of the teachers lounge hearing Aizawa call out to me.

I ignored him and ran straight to the roof...