Prologue: Storm To The Unknown

War. There are many definition for this word. Some say war is about greed and power while other say war is about fighting for peace. There are others who fought for freedom while others to protect their homeland and their loved ones. But no matter what is your definition of war, it will only lead to a few things. Death, violence and destruction. People keep saying war never change regardless of the era but its warfare always change.

From sticks and stones, to sword and arrow, from musket to machine gun, warfare will change from time to time. Mankind always manage to build a much more destructive machine from ironclad to aircraft carrier, horses to panzer. They even create planes to fight in the sky. The place where I belong.

Somebody must be wondering. Who is this guy? Saying the sky is his place. For allies, they know me as Osean Bigshot, for the enemy they shall tremble while calling me Three Strikes. But they have one thing in common, they know me as Trigger.

Born in Oured, capital city of Osea Federation, I serve in the Osea Air Defense Force as I achieve the rank captain during the Lighthouse War as the leader of Strider Squadron. But that was in the past, now I just an retired veteran from the airforce after many years of service.

Thanks to the effort of LRSSG which consists of Strider and Cyclops squadron, we were able to end the Lighthouse War. I received quite the award and medals during the war. As a compensation for my service, the Osea government decided to let me keep one of the fighter jets, the F-2A.

 As a compensation for my service, the Osea government decided to let me keep one of the fighter jets, the F-2A

They even gave me a land and house on the outskirts of Oured. Do I forget to tell that they even lend me one of the airstrip in Oured so my flying skills won't rust?

 Do I forget to tell that they even lend me one of the airstrip in Oured so my flying skills won't rust?

Until now, I live in peace as there were no more wars to fight for Osea. The only war fought after the Lighthouse War is the Aurelian war which Osea didn't participate in. Right now I was flying high in the Osea airspace to test my jet. Well strangely enough, they even load up the jet with live ammunition such machine gun, LASM, MSL and RKT. They even load up the flares and the equipment. Its not like I was going to war or anything. I just an retired old man try to enjoy his time in the sky.

Over the years, there been a lot of events that happened as far as I remember. Who would have thought, Count, my wingman and Huxian of the pilot for Strider Squadron went on to hook up with each other, they even get married. Hell, I was Count's best man for wedding and the godfather of their first child. Jaeger went on to retired earlier than us since he wanted to spend more time with his family. He maybe an old man, older than me but he sure is live happily throughout his life. He even tell his son and his grandchildren about the war stories of the Lighthouse War. Princess Cosette sadly pass away ten years ago due to brain tumor but she at least has helped many refugees and build a foundation of peace. Mihaly A.Shilage, the top ace for Erusia air force during the war also pass away five years after the war. At least he rest in peace, knowing his grandchildren were still working to maintain the peace.

Avril Mead, callsign Scrap Queen, still do what she do best, buff up the jets to top conditions. She even got herself a husband, George the belkan guy that defects from the Erusea Military to follow Avril helping the refugees in the space elevator. Every time I have a session for flying the F-2A, she will come to airstrip to help the crews on the jets engine. I even got to spend some time with her, learned a few things on maintaining and fixed the jet engine and system. She always scold me every time I burned out the engine, its not like I could help it since it was the way I fly.

Currently flying in the Osea airspace, I silently think about the Lighthouse War. It been so long since I had been in the action, not like my skills is getting rusty, just missing the feeling of the excitement in a battle and adrenalin rush during dogfight. Even in the time of peace, where I have friends that I could rely on and fame for war effort which I could make a bedtime story for a kid , even though I never get married since it never been my thing, I always feel something missing, something that I have yearn subconsciously.

BOOM!

What! What was that? That almost shock me. That strange, the weather forecasts didn't forecast about a storm during evening. Hell, that's the biggest yet beautiful storm I ever see and I just fly straight to it.

 Hell, that's the biggest yet beautiful storm I ever see and I just fly straight to it

I never see a storm that violent, it even messing up with the system. Shit, I couldn't contact AWACS about my current status. Right calm down Trigger, do what Bandog once say, stay calm and check the HUD for error. Good, seems there's nothing wrong, now let do what I do best, fly a damn plane. But the storm make it difficult to control the jet with the rain pouring on the canopy and I had to evade the thundercloud. One wrong move and the coffin dancer will sure come for my grave.

But what people always say, fate is a bitch, the lighting strike the jet and end up making the system malfunction.

System:" Warning, system malfunction! Warning, system malfunction!"

Shit, at this rate I going to crash, the system ain't helping by malfunctioning and screaming in my ears. When I thought I was about to crash suddenly a bright light from the storm blinded my vision and everything went black.

(Timeskip)

???:" Warning, altitude below 1000 feet,warning altitude below 1000."

As I keep the hearing the system voice, the jet were on a high speed falling from the sky. Yeah, high speed falling from the sky. FALLING FROM THE SKY UNDER ALTITUDE 1000FEET IN HIGH SPEED, I going to crash!

System:" Caution, pull up. Caution, pull up."

Quickly taking over the jet to raise the nose to gain thrust, I was able to save myself from a certain death. It going to be an embarrassing death, the legendary pilot Trigger, feared by many foes, end up dying by crashing into the sea because of some storm that actually the reason I got feared by the Erusians after my dogfight with Mihaly.

But now the question is, where am I? All I could see is seawater to the horizon. I try to contact any Osean airstrip or airport yet to no avail.  Suddenly the radar find multiple blips of yellow to the northwest from my position. The blips that will change my whole life. The blips that show a new breed of war.