Chapter 5: Dinner and Room

Trigger P.O.V

Walking in the cold breeze at night while heading to the mess hall with Enterprise, it was a fairly quiet tour to the cafeteria since neither of us could strike a conversation with each other.
Before long, we already reach the mess hall.

Enterprise:"We're here. Are you sure going to be fine?"

Trigger(writing):"What do you mean by that?"

Enterprise:"Well, since you new here, which mean you barely know anyone."

Trigger(writing):"Don't worry, I have a tour guide waiting for me in the mess hall."

Enterprise:"Oh? Who is it then?"

Trigger(writing):"Cleveland."

Enterprise:"Eh? So you meet Cleveland already?"

Trigger(writing):"Yeah, I mean how do you think I could end up in your home port?"

Enterprise:"You got a point there. Anybody else besides Cleveland?"

Trigger(writing):"Northampton, Pennsylvania, Helena, Independence, Vestal, Akashi, Downes and Hornet."

Enterprise:"So you already meet with my sister huh. No wonder you land your plane on her carrier."

Trigger(writing):"Isn't it rather obvious?"

Enterprise:"No, since I attack you on her carrier just now."

Trigger(writing):"Err, putting that aside, I think we should go inside the mess hallnow."

Enterprise:"Sure and will Hornet be inside the mess hall?"

I nod to answer her question before both of us start to enter the mess hall. Inside the mess hall, I could see the interior design of a standard cafeteria that give you the warm and homely vibe. Although there is one problem. The mess hall fills with girls. I mean lots of girls. No manjuus, no meowfficer, just girls. It's awkward the fact that all the girls start to look at you. I mean, is there no single male in this port at all? I do need to consult
Masako about this situation.

Enterprise:"Hmm, what's wrong?"

Uh-oh. She probably notice that I'm actually nervous with the attention given to us. Shaking my head to answer her question, she motion me to follow her to the food counter. With all eyes on me, I have to keep my composure. Right, calm down, Trigger. Just pretend this is another day in solitary with spare squadron.

As both of us start to walk to the counter to order our food, I could hear those girls murmurs mostly about the situation in the dockyard, about a new male in the home port and why the fact that Enterprise and I could walk together side by side. Although one of those gossips actually perk my interest. They didn't call Enterprise by her name, instead they call her 'The Grey Ghost'. Perhaps she is the ace in this fleet? Well, sooner or later, I will find it out.

Reaching the mess hall's counter, I could see many varieties of food serve on the counter prepare by some of the girls I presume. As I start to take my plate to fill it with food, I could see Enterprise is talking with one of the mess hall staff.

As they are chatting, Enterprise suddenly point her finger to me before the other lady smiles at me as she waves her hand

As they are chatting, Enterprise suddenly point her finger to me before the other lady smiles at me as she waves her hand. As I try not to be rude, I respond her with a small wave as well. After that, it seems Enterprise has finish her conversation as she waves goodbye to the mess hall staff and start walking to me.

Enterprise:"Come on. Let search some empty seats."

Using my awareness as we search for empty seats, I quickly spot Hornet and the others currently chat with each other before Hornet spotted us as well.

Hornet:"Sister, Trigger! Over here!"

As Hornet wave at us to come over, both of us look briefly at each other before making our way to them.

As Enterprise and I proceed to sit, both Cleveland and Hornet went on to bombard us with questions. And let just say the both of us have to apologize to Hornet since she found out the fact we damage her deck because of our fight.

After dinner, Hornet had gives back my stuff before all of us went to our separate way with Cleveland currently leading me to my room, I guess.

Cleveland:"And here we are, at your room. Here,(hand him a key) this is the key to your room."

Trigger(writing):"Thanks."(Bow)

Cleveland:"A-ah, no need to bow, okay. Plus this is the least I could do for you."

Trigger(writing):"Well, you are a really nice girl, aren't you?"(Smiles)

Cleveland(blushes):"A-anyway, I see you tomorrow then."

After she says that, she quickly turns around before she walks away with quick pace. I probably have a creepy smile plastered on my face or the fact she never see an old man smiles.

Anyway, I quickly enter the room with the key Cleveland gives. As I switch on the light, I could see the room is consists of a single bed, a desk, a cabinet and even a bathroom. Putting down the stuff near the bed, I quickly take off my flight suit before entering the bathroom to take a bath since it was the only flight suit I had. Wouldn't want it to be smelly and dirty, would I?

After the bath, I quickly put on a t-shirt and a boxer. Damn, I had to remind myself to buy some tracksuit or a sweat pants from Akashi next time. I could buy a pajama but I'm the kind of guy who feel uncomfortable wearing a pajama.

As I'm brushing my teeth, I actually notice something bizarre. When I look myself in the mirror, I could myself in my early twenties rather than being an old man. No wonder Pennsylvania kept calling me young man. Right, I don't even have time to be concern about my age anymore. After that, I quickly go to the bed to sleep. Tomorrow is the day I will find some information about this world and find my way back home.

(A/N):Right sorry for the short chapter. Having a hard time to write some of the scenes since I sucks at describing. Plus I keep getting Trigger in a awkward situation which make me scrape some of the idea. Anyway, see you soon on the next chapter.