Chapter 10

"I know you all probably have tons of questions but could we please deal with them tomorrow? (Y/n) is tired and would just like to sleep today off ya know?" He asks the roommates to which they all nod and back off.

Colby grabs my hand and leads me towards the stairs. I see Jake pushing through the group and glaring at mine and Colby's entwined hands.

I squeeze his hand again and he looks down at me with a smile before noticing Jake and glaring right back at him.

"Colby" Jake growls staring straight into his friend's eyes.

"Jake." Colby says calmly but his eyes held just as much hostility as Jake's voice.

"If you know what's good for you then you won't try anything." Jake continues in a low tone.

"If YOU KNEW what was good for you than you wouldn't have cheated on the most amazing girl that was absolutely head over heels for you." Colby snarls back and continues up the stairs with me in tow.

Ignoring the gasps from the roommates and the shouts from Jake, we make our way into Colby's room.

"That fucking cunt!" Colby growls after slamming the door shut.

"Hey....don't listen to him ok? He's just trying to provoke you." I cautiously approach him and place a hand on his upper arm.

He looks down at me and seems to calm down. He lets out a sigh and goes to lay down in his bed.

"Sorry, he just pissed me off, especially after what he did to you." He speaks whilst looking away, as if embarrassed by his actions.

I go and lay down next to him, snuggling up to him. I don't plan to get with him, especially right after what happened with Jake; I will not use Colby as a rebound, I refuse to.

Technically Jake and I are still together, I didn't break up with him, I don't know why I didn't. Maybe it's because I still love him but I don't know anymore.

To be honest I don't care right now, I just need comfort and Colby can give me that, more so than any of the other roommates.

"It's ok, I don't want to think about him right now, I just want to snuggle and sleep." I admit, hoping he understands what I mean. He seems to as he turns off the bedside lamp and brings me close to him.

"Ok, goodnight (Y/n)." He says as he kisses the top of my head before placing his own there.

"Goodnight Colby." I mumble into his neck and snuggle into it more while smiling.

The whole house is quiet by now, everyone either asleep or quietly doing their own thing.

I decide to forget everything and just go to sleep. I'll worry about it tomorrow.

And oh boy would I worry.

(A/n: was gonna end it here but it's pretty short so I'll treat y'all.)

-Next Morning-

I was in the living room stressing after I had woken up this morning. (Anyone get that reference?)

I had no idea what to do about the whole ordeal previously but an idea snuck its way into my head.

Immediately I whip out my phone and text a long-forgotten group chat. Just a bit of back story here, I had my two best friends for quite a while however later into dating Jake, he didn't like the road they were going down and requested I stop being friends with them.

Obviously I refused but decided that I wouldn't hang out with them anymore and rarely text them because he was so worried that I would fall into a bad crowd with them.

But now, I couldn't care less what he thinks, I need my friends and they are always there to support me.

Group chat: SLUTS BABY XXXX

(Y/n): hey girls, I know I really haven't texted in a while and y'all know why but I'm in a bit of a situation here and was wondering if y'all might have a way out for me?

Abigail: gurrrrrrllllllll it's so great to have you back xxx

Leah: of course we got a way out babes xx

Leah: meet us at our old hang out spot? We can go out to party once we all meet up xx

(Y/n): yeah of course, I'll see ya there girls xx

Abigail: AAAAHHHHH IM SO FUCKING EXCITED, THE SQUAD IS BACK BITCHES

Leah: pffft hahahaha

Leah: see ya soon babes xx

Abigail: oh yea haha, see ya soon (Y/n) xxx

Leah: btw wear something like what you use to wear while out with us hehe xx

I immediately know what she means and rush upstairs, a new excitement filling me as I remember all the times we went out together and did our thing.

It has been so long since we last went out like this and I feel all giddy just like the first time we ever did this.

I run into my room, completely forgetting that something called "Jake" is a thing. His head shoots up to look at me and once he realises its me, his eyes shine with hope.

Not acknowledging him further, I turn to the closet and dig deep to find my shortest and sluttiest dress I have. I found it along with the matching heel boots and hid them before turning to Jake.

"What are you um, looking for?" Jake stutters as if uncertain if I'm mad at him or not.

"None of your business, now shoo, I gotta get changed." I bit back at him aggressively, not even the slightest bit guilty.

His shoulders drop as he stands and silently walks out of the room, closing the door gently behind him.

Finally, my time to shine has arrived and he's gonna wish he hadn't even met this chick. I rush to put on my dress and shoes, making sure to apply my makeup perfectly and to perfect my hair into its new style.

 I rush to put on my dress and shoes, making sure to apply my makeup perfectly and to perfect my hair into its new style

(Let's just say that's everything you're wearing.)