Chapter 6: The Boys Dormitory

"Welcome home Boys!" Sirius sang out as the boys entered the threshold into their dormitory. Remus, Peter and James followed in behind him and grinned. This wasn't just their dormitory, this was the Marauders Headquarters, this was the centre of the greatest pranking organisation in all of Hogwarts history.

"It's good to be home." James sighed, ruffling Sirius' perfect hair as he sauntered past. Shooting daggers at his best friend, Sirius levitated his trunk onto his bed, looked at the mess inside it and gave up, he levitated it down under his bed, unpacking could wait until January. James left his suitcase unpacked at the end of his bed, Remus and Peter did the same, and the three boys flaked out on their beds, Sirius attempted to attend to his hair in the mirror hung on the wall beside James' bed, but gave up a moment later, favouring the wild look, he thought he looked a bit like James, a thought that thoroughly amused him.

The boy's room was almost a mirror image of the girl's dormitory on the other side of Gryffindor tower, it also took the top doorway on the boy's staircase and a fire crackled in its hearth filling the room with the scent of the fire as well as a warm glow that was greatly appreciated by all the occupants. The view from the bay window was almost identical to the girls', the beds were set out almost identically, five beds positioned around the room, the fifth also unused – Frank Longbottom had lasted all of two weeks sharing a dorm with the Marauders before he'd been moved into a new dormitory.

Sirius, eventually bored with admiring his reflection, turned to survey his friends, James was absently playing with a snitch – something he hadn't done in nearly a year, Peter was flicking through a textbook and Remus was already dozing asleep despite the orange evening light. A mischievous thought formed in Sirius' brain, but which of his of dorm mates would be the best victim for the plan that was coming together in his head? Narrowing his eyes in on his target, Sirius chose the sandy haired Marauder who was dozing in his bed. James noticed the narrowing of Sirius' grey eyes focused on Remus, he caught the snitch tightly in his hand, despite its flapping wings and watched to survey the carnage. Taking a few steps backwards, Sirius positioned himself in the open doorway, even Peter noticed now; the only one not aware was Remus who had started to snore lightly. Rocking back on his foot Sirius took a running leap and dive bombed onto Remus' bed, violently waking him up and indeed squashing the man himself. Sirius barked a laugh, his grey eyes sparkling, his plan had worked!

"Ooft!" Remus complained, his eyes blinking rapidly to adjust to the dimming light of the dormitory as opposed to the blackness of the inside of his eyelids. Yawning widely, Remus turned to address the lump that was Sirius Black who was still laid across his stomach snickering to himself.

"Did you have to do that?! If you wanted me awake why couldn't you have woken me a normal way?" Remus asked, breathily heavily. His chest wheezed slightly, having a Sirius Black land on you was not good for your health, of that he was sure. Rubbing his chest, he knew there'd be a bruise there tomorrow.

"You love me really Lupin!" Sirius smirked, clambering over Remus to climb off the other side of the bed, kicking Remus in the shin in the process. Scowling at his friend, who was now settled on his own bed, Remus pulled himself into a sitting position and crossed his legs, his elbows resting on his knees, indeed sulking.

"When is the next full moon?" Peter inquired after a few moments of silence. Peter loved the full moons, the sense of duty he felt at having to go ahead of the other two Marauders to paralyse the Whomping Willow was great, a feeling he would never tire of. Without him, Sirius and James wouldn't be able to sneak into the secret entrance to secret shack to help Remus through his painful transformations into his werewolf alter ego, without him, all of their hard work in becoming illegal animagi would have been wasted, completely useless.