Chapter 27: Christmas

OOH... AND I'm SO HAPPY! I WAS AIMING FOR 50 REVIEWS AND 1000 VIEWS THIS MONTH, AND WE'VE AKREADY GONE PAST THAT AND IT'S ONLY THE 18TH (WHEN I WROTE THIS!) SO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH – I LOVE YOU! Fan girl moment over....

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Sirius squealed, in a high pitched tone which Lily didn't even know to be possible for a man. Eyes squinted shut she tried to ward of the unwanted sunlight gleaming through the window with her closed eyelids – this however didn't work, the sunlight was too bright, added to its reflection of the now perfect snow, more must have fallen overnight, it was illuminating. Forcing her eyes open, she sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, Hestia was still fast asleep in her bed, snoring away. Lily decided if she had to be awake, Hestia did too, especially as it was her stupid boyfriend who had woken her up in the first place. Delicately wiggling the pillow out from behind her, she paused, aimed and threw it at Hestia, hitting her square in the face.

"Ooft!" she protested, jolting awake with a start. Shooting daggers at Lily, Hestia opened her mouth to lecture her best friend on the importance of beauty sleep, but she never got the chance, Sirius burst in through the door, wearing only a pair of navy track pants and a grin spread across his face.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" he repeated, looking like a five year old who'd just been handed a balloon.

"Thanks babe, but I want to sleep." Hestia replied, turning over and pulling the duvet over her head. As Sirius entered the room, Lily saw he, like James, had a finely toned stomach; 'Quidditch did wonders for the body' Lily mused, remembering the first time she'd seen James abs – fifth year when Sirius had stolen all his clothes and he'd had to run through the common room in his boxers, she'd then given him a detention and told him off for being so stupid but even she couldn't help but admit, he was toned, 'How times change.' She concluded, remembering her hatred for him.

"Hestia baby wake up!" Sirius moaned, attempting to pull the duvet from Hestia's vice like grip.

"Come on Hest, we probably should get up, it is Christmas after all." Lily interrupted.

"Fine." Hestia pouted. "Now get out so we can get dressed." She commanded, pointing out the door.

"Your wish is my command my fair lady." Sirius replied, bowing low and tipping an imaginary hat, with a wink he walked backwards out the door, shutting it with a soft click.

"I'm going back to sleep." Hestia declared, pulling the cover over her face.

"NO YOU'RE NOT HESTIA JONES! GET YOUR SEXY ASS OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!" Sirius shouted through the door, he was obviously outside listening for sounds of movement. Huffing, Hestia reluctantly clambered out of her bed, much to Lily's amusement. Reaching out of her bed, Lily grabbed hold of her pillow which was now on the floor next to Hestia's bed and snuggled back down to sleep.

"LILY EVANS, GET UP RIGHT NOW!" a voice shouted through the door, although this time it wasn't Sirius, it was James, Lily giggled and Hestia rolled her eyes, scanning her eyes over her wardrobe she couldn't decide what to wear, pretty or comfortable?

"Or what?" Lily shouted back, giggling slightly. Hestia turned to her friend and rolled her eyes then went back to her wardrobe.

"WE'LL COME IN THERE AND TICKLE YOU!" came the reply, from Remus this time, clearly all the Marauders were up and rearing to go.

"I'm up! I'm up! I'm up!" Lily shouted, scrambling out of bed, much to the amusement of the three boys who were snickering outside, listening to Lily's scrambling across the floorboards. Lily was eager to avoid any tickling, so opened her wardrobe, like Hestia struggling to decide what to wear.

"Finally!" Sirius moaned, as the girls came out their room; the boys were all sat around on the floor, James idly playing with a golden snitch, the way he used to in fifth year. At the sight of Lily, he hastily put the snitch back in his pocket and stood up, smiling.