SYNOPSIS/AUTHOR'S NOTE

TRIGGER WARNING: 

Rape content, anxiety attacks, self-harm, depressive episodes, traumatic flashback. Please read at your own risk.

SYNOPSIS:

"Maganda at matalino talaga 'yang si Jayla, kaya lang may scandal 'yan."

These are the words that are usually thrown at Janica Leila Montejermoso, an aspiring lawyer who dreams of giving justice to the abused and neglected children like her. Due to her childhood trauma, Jayla grew up strong, determined, and indestructible. She wanted to prove to everyone that there are still more to life than being a victim of her childhood past. Not until her sex video with her long-term boyfriend leaked, which gradually break her already broken soul.

Being with his girlfriend since they are born in the same delivery room, Niccolo John Cadiente is branded as "buntot ni Jayla"; and he's proud of that. He's a dreamer, he dreams of becoming a successful and competent doctor someday, a pediatrician specifically, while building his own family with Jayla. But what if he became the reason of the gradual downfall of his only love? 

Can they still guarantee that a victim's aftermath is still worth living after all? Or they will just let their hellish past swallow them whole?   

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi! This is the second installment of Medical Series however, this story is stand alone. It means you can read this without reading the other installments of the series, and vice versa, and you may read it any order as you prefer. Just take note that each story may contain spoilers, and the first two installment has a touch of Law in it.

Here are the titles under the Medical Series:

1. First Rainfall of May 

2. A Victim's Aftermath

3. The Intern's Hour

4. The Doctor is Out

5. The Doctor's Playlist

Please note that aside from medical (and law) jargon, this series will also tackle social issues such as ending rape culture, mental health awareness, victim blaming, doctor shaming, anti-bullying, and the likes.

ENJOY READING <3