"Happily Ever After"

Weddings were hypothetically supposed to be the happiest day in a person's life. They symbolize true love with your soulmate.

Yet, here you were crying in your silk white dress. Your tears dragged your mascara and eyeliner down your eyes. Your silent whimpers echoed throughout the empty room.

You had just finished your vows and the ceremony with your husband and old classmate, Shouto Todoroki. It was a grand western-styled wedding. Many pro-heroes, celebrity and media showed up to the event. The two of your faces were broadcasted throughout Japan. The cameras could never see the truth though.

You had met Todoroki during your days at U.A. High. He was one of the prettiest boys in the whole school, His heterochromatic eyes always got your heart thumping in your chest. He was very socially awkward, but you managed to befriend him. It wasn't until you two graduated where your relationship would forever change.

Enji Todoroki, his father, had decided you would marry his son. You had impressed him throughout the years with your quirk and figured since you were close with his son, it would be fairly easy to start a relationship with him.

He had convinced your parents who were abroad to agree to it. Although this wasn't the way you wanted to pursue Todoroki, you'd had cope with the situation. Todoroki, however, screamed and cursed at him. You had known he had a bad relationship with his father, but you never saw him so angry before. Those soft eyes were filled with malice, but Endeavor didn't seem to care.

Todoroki dropped a bomb on you and his father: he was secretly seeing Momo Yaoyorozu. Yaoyorozu was also in your class. She was extremely beautiful, graceful, and elegant. You knew she had a crush o  him throughout the years, but you had no clue she actively pursued him. Your heart was crushing hearing Todoroki's confession. With that, he stormed off.

You were eventually moved into the Todoroki household where you and Shouto would share a room. He hardly talked to you and actively ignored and avoided you. There were many nights you cried in your bed, alone and cold.

After six months, here you were: (Y/n) Todoroki, with a husband who didn't love you.

You heard a knock at the door. You quickly wiped the tears off of your face and tried to get the smudged make-up off of you before opening the door. In front of you was Yaoyorozu. Her usually long hair was down and she wore a simple red dress. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. Her dark eyes held sympathy in them.

"I wanted to make sure you were alright. We didn't see you much at the reception," Yaoyorozu said. You gave a forced laugh.

"I was with my family for most of the night," you lied. You had spent some time with your family, but they left fairly early since they were taking an international flight to get home the next day. Yaoyorozu's thin pink lips drew into a line.

"(Y/n), I hope you know he doesn't hate you..." she whispered. Your lips formed a smile. You couldn't believe what she just told you. This was clearly a sign that Todoroki was confiding in Yaoyorozu than you.

"Yet he spends all his time with you, Yaoyorozu. Please just leave me alone," you replied before closing the door on her face. After a pause, you heard the click of her heels trail off. You turned your head towards a clock by a vanity mirror. Perhaps after the two of you conceived a child, you could divorce him and find someone who truly loved you.

Maybe he could learn to love you.

"Yeah, right..." you muttered to yourself. In this story, you weren't getting your happily ever after.

Three months later, Todoroki hadn't touched you once. He claimed he was busy and tired from his hero work. He was one of his father's sidekicks and was getting ready to start an agency of his own. He still wasn' giving anything to this relationship. You were getting fed up with the situation.

You drank a glass of wine sitting in the plush chair in your living room. A lone light illuminated some of the room, as your eyes focused on the door. Todoroki finally entered. He was still in his hero costume. His eyes wandered over to you before the drifted away as he began to walk away.

"Todoroki," you stated. He stopped walking but didn't turn his head around. You placed your wine on the coffee table in front of you. You confidently walked next to him, where his back as facing you.

"I know this situation has been hard on you," you muttered. You tightened the rope of your silk robe. Todoroki didn't respond, but you heard him sigh.

"I know I'm not Momo," you replied. Hearing this name, his body slightly turned around to face you. His face seemed stern, most likely irritated I spoke of her name. You bitterly smile towards him.

"However, I'm (Y/n). I'm beautiful. I'm intelligent. I'm powerful and I'm your wife," you replied. Todoroki turned his head away from you again.

"And, I use to be your best friend..." Todoroki scoffed.

"You don't think I know that," he muttered. Your face became shocked. You weren't expecting him to actually reply to you. He finally turned his full body towards you.

"I can't love you like that," he confessed. You placed one of your hands by his face and frowned.

"I know that, but unlike me, you haven't even tried," you replied. His eyes seemed to widen. You take your hand away from him and begin to walk off.

"I know you're still seeing her too, Shouto," you admitted. Todoroki quietly cursed. Some of your old friends had let you know they had seen the two of them together. When you first found out, you were hurt but you were becoming more numb to the situation before you. You stopped walking and turned your head to look at Todoroki's solemn face.

"So, don't get angry if I actually find someone to love me."

That night, you declared that the Todoroki family was cursed. Each of them was doomed for a lifetime of sadness and regret. You refused to be consumed by it though. You won't let this name destroy your happily ever after.