Pawn

A few weeks had passed since your first kiss. The two of you agreed to take things slow with one another. She began to enjoy Todoroki's company once again.

Your heels clicked on the hard concrete of the city. You just finished your proposal for the raid of the League of Villian's hideout. Many agencies were joining in to assist.

Hawks agency was going to lead the assault due to their intelligence regarding the matter. As a member of Miruko's agency, you were going to be in the front lines of the battle. Shouta Aizawa was joining as support along with his sidekick, Hitoshi Shinsou. You also knew Nighteye's previous agency, was assisting as well, so you were sure you'd see Izuku Midoriya.

Of course, Endeavor's agency was joining the affair as well. You and Todoroki haven't really talked about working together for missions. At U.A. you'd sometimes pair up with him, but only for sparing against your other classmates.

You wondered how'd you handle it if Todoroki got hurt. Your conflicted feelings wouldn't give you an answer. You don't know if you would abandon everything to protect him, or let him handle it to complete the mission.

Nighttime in the city was usually bustling. With reports of the kidnappings, many people went home before dark if they could. Crime was also beginning to rise again, but that happened when All-Might retired your first year of high school.

"AHHHHHHH"

A large scream echoed throughout the area. You body tensed and eyebrows furrowed. It was clearly the voice of a woman. Since crime was rising, you could safely assume she might be facing a villain. You began to run towards to source of the noise.

The source led you into a dark alleyway. Rats scurried along the stained ground. As you approached, you silently took your heels off. There were two figures in front of you. One was a woman. She had blonde hair tied into two messy buns. Her pale skin was reflected from the moonlight. The woman also had bright slitted yellow orbs that shined with mischief. She looked over to you and smiled, revealing her sharp pearly canines.

"Look, Dabi we have a guest! What are you doing out here, miss?!" she greeted. She seemed very cheerful. She clearly wasn't in danger. You let out a sigh and returned a smile. You were thankful nothing was going on. The man turned around revealing his appearance. He had messy raven hair, bright turquoise eyes, burnt purple skin attached to pale skin that was held up by surgical staples. You let out a gasp recognizing him.

It was the S-classed villain Dabi, which meant the woman beside him was the S-classed villain Toga.
You kept a stance and cursed under your breath. You knew you were going to be able to take on both of them. They were highly skilled and dangerous after all. Calling for help wouldn't be an option either since the patrols were happening later at night. Your best bet was to convince them to let you go or fight them enough to run.

"Idiot, do you not recognize her," Dabi seethed. Toga tilted her head. Her eyes widened and her pink lips turned into an O-shape.

"Wait, is that (H/N). I didn't even realize. Isn't it our lucky day, Dabi," she cheered. You slowly began to walk backward. You could try to get a head start from them. Toga must've sensed this since she reached into her pocket to reveal a knife.

"Why are you trying to leave so soon. Don't you want to become, friends?" Toga teased. Dabi unsheathed his hand from his trench coat's pocket—a blue fire was emitting from it. You were at a severe disadvantage.

You quickly took off running, but Toga caught up to you fairly quickly. You activated your quick which launched her back onto the hard ground. She picked herself up and pointed her knife at you.

"You've gotten stronger the last time I saw you fight! When was that, Overhaul?" she rambled. You activated your quick again and she dogged. Toga then lunged her knife at you. You narrowly miss her attempted assault towards your stomach. Recognizing an opening, you kicked her in the gut and she fell on the ground again. Toga began to whine.

"Dabi, come on. Why aren't you helping me?" Toga whined. Dabi rolled his eyes. He sent his flames to consumed your only exit. His flames were so hot, there was no way you could get passed them unscathed. Toga got up again and giggled.

"You know, instead of killing you. We should take you in," Toga exclaimed. You furrowed your eyebrows. Based on what she was implying, you'd be put in the same conditioning and brainwashing the other victims went through.

"Yeah! And your target could be that Shouto, guy! Shigi is going to be happy to hear that," she revealed. She lunged her knife again, this time cutting your leg. You fell to the floor and tried activating your quirk again. Your attack missed and Toga stabbed your arm, causing you to scream out. She sat on your stomach and put all her body weight on you. Dabi got closer to the two of you and pressed his boot on your face. Your bleeding arm ached in pain. She buried the knife deeper before getting a syringe out.

"Don't mind me. You know I did follow you throughout highschool since you were close to Izuku. I was kinda planning on murdering you until I saw you clearly cared more about that Shouto guy," Toga said as she drew your exposed blood.
"You're marriage was so pretty by the way. I want mine to be just like it," Toga exclaimed tapping the newly filled syringe. Here you were on the ground, in pain and while Toga rambled about the worst day of your life.

Todoroki...

You wanted to cry but didn't want to express weakness to the villains before you. You didn't want to become brainwashed.

You didn't want to kill Shouto...

Dabi groaned out loudly. He was clearly annoyed by Toga's ramblings.

"Can you shut the fuck up. Let's get this over with and go back. We were supposed to be back at base awhile ago," Dabi growled. Toga stuck her tongue out.

"You big meanie—"

You felt a sharp force to your head. Darkness quickly consumed your vision. You'd lost and now you were going to lose everything.

Dabi walked around the area with you on his shoulder. He hated the fact he was carrying you, but Toga wasn't strong enough to do it. Toga was rambling about something. He figured she was still going on about that baby-face hero All-Might was close to.

"Hey, did you ever meet (Y/n)? I don't think you ever fought her when she went to U.A.," Toga asked. Dabi had not interacted with you in high school before. You usually faced Twice or Mr. Compass. Dabi's eyes wandered to your figure.

The first time Dabi met you was when you were at the supermarket two months ago. You had annoyingly run into him and apologized. He saw his brother, Natsuo checked out with you.

"No, I never met her before..." Dabi lied. Somehow he had managed to obtain something his family-owned: you. He wasn't going to give up this opportunity.