Trauma

A few days have passed since Todoroki witnessed you talking and laughing with his brother, Natsuo. He was still trying to recover his relationship with his family after being isolated from them for a long-time. He knew Natsuo was headstrong and emotional. He knew Natsuo was studying in medical school. Beyond that, Todoroki didn't know much about his older brother.

The one thing he did know was that Natsuo was becoming closer to you. He held conflicted emotions regarding that. On the one hand, he wouldn't truly have to deal with you. He could focus on trying to get Momo back or move on with his life altogether. On the other hand, he didn't want to see you with another man, let alone his brother. You were married to him after all. Todoroki knew that was selfish, which only made him feel more conflicted about his feelings with you.

Todoroki heard the door open, revealing his older brother. He had his backpack on, meaning he was coming back from school. The two of their eyes met before Todoroki looked away and looked at a television program on the screen. He didn't want to deal with or see his brother right now. Todoroki heard Natsuo tsked under his breath before he sat next to him.

Todoroki felt Natuso's gaze on him for a while. His large eyes seemed to be peering with such intensity. Why was he doing this? Todoroki shifted in his position.

"Could you stop looking at me," Todoroki mumbled. Natsuo scoffed, placed his bag down, and leaned back against the couch.

"Shouto, are you going to keep avoiding me," Natsuo asked. Todoroki's eyebrows furrowed. He wasn't avoiding his brother's presence. He simply didn't want to deal with him for the past couple of days.

"I'm not avoiding you," Todoroki argued, continuing to pay attention to his phone. Natsuo stayed quiet for a moment and sighed. Natsuo seemed disappointed and frustrated.

"You've done this since you were a kid, Sho. You avoid your feelings. I think you get it from mom," he muttered. Todoroki snapped his eyes to his brother. How dare he bring up their mother. How dare he compare her struggles to his. Todoroki tightly clenched his jaw and sat up abruptly. Natsuo caught Todoroki's wrist.

"Now hold on—"

"I'm not like mom," Todoroki shouted. Natsuo was unfazed by his outburst. Natsuo knew their mother was a sensitive topic for him. The scar on Todoroki's face proved it. As much as Todoroki cared for his mother, some part of her thought she was weak. She was weak and avoided her feelings. That's why she was still in the hospital after all these years...

"Actually, no I think you're more like dad," Natsuo replied. Todoroki's eyes became feral as he pushed his brother back on the couch. He couldn't believe his ears. Natsuo, out of anyone in his family, shared a severe distaste to their father. Enji was considered the devil for the Todoroki brothers. Both could vividly remember being beat and bullied by their fathers when they were young.

"How dare you say that to me," Todoroki seethe. He quickly lifted Natsuo off of the couch by his collar. Natsuo sharply narrowed his grey eyes. One thing Todoroki was jealous of his brother was that he seemed to have no true resemblance to their father besides facial structure. No one would assume he was a Todoroki.

"I should correct myself. I think (Y/n) believes you're like dad," Natsuo corrected. Todoroki furrowed his eyebrows further in confusion. He knew you didn't admire the man either. After all, he arranged this whole marriage, to begin with just because of your stupid quirk. Todoroki forced a laugh out.

"Why's that? Because I beat her?" Todoroki sarcastically asked. Todoroki had not put one hand on you as his father did to his mother. He didn't force you to do anything. After all, he just avoided you.

"No, but you're hurting her emotionally," Natsuo exclaimed. Todoroki couldn't help but laugh. Emotionally? Emotional damage wasn't true damage to him. Natsuo must've sensed Todoroki's false amusement and pushed Todoroki off of him. Todoroki stumbled onto the carpet and stabilized himself before he fell.

"That can be just as bad, Shouto," Natsuo mumbled. Todoroki looked away from his brother. He had always had trouble expressing his emotions throughout the years. His parents didn't do anything to "hurt him emotionally".

He just received physical pain from both of them. Endeavor consistent beatings for not being strong enough. At least those bruises always went away. His mother emotional outburst led her to pour boiling water on his eye. Todoroki gently touched his scarred eye. He wouldn't admit this out loud but he did have constant nightmares about the incident. A part of him blamed himself for looking too much like his father.

"You were his prized possession, so you didn't experience this as Yumi and I did," Natsuo mumbled, "We were consistently told by him we weren't good enough. How he wished we weren't born. How we were a waste of space in this place." Todoroki saw Natsuo was beginning to cry. He seemed much more unhinged than his usual self.

"Yeah the beating stopped, but we heard this every fucking day when you were born and growing up. We couldn't even see you because we'd 'taint' you. We were children listening to that shit," Natsuo spat out. Todoroki remained quiet. He knew his siblings always went through a lot of distress from his father, but Todoroki wasn't expecting this. Natsuo took a deep breath and tried to calm his breathing.

"Look I know you aren't beating her or saying stuff like that, but avoiding her? Avoiding a person hurts. Especially for how long you've done it. She used to be your best friend. I remember times you'd invite her here to work on whatever," Natsuo continued.

Todoroki's stomach bubbled in guilt. Natsuo was right. He was hurting her. Todoroki tsked and glared out. He was acting like the worst parts of his parents, just in his own cruel way. He wondered how much you've cried. He wondered if your outburst was like his mother's. Even Momo knew how much you were hurting. Todoroki massaged his head.

"You're right..." Todoroki whispered. He didn't know how much it hurt you. He was so wrapped up in his life, emotions, and disdain for his father, he failed to realize how you were coping with the situation. He needed to let go of Momo and heed her advice.

"T-Take care of her, alright"

Natsuo plopped back onto the chair and wiped his tears away with his hand. Todoroki's family was broken, regardless of Endeavor tried to redeem himself. He knew he was going to have to put in some effort to save it, but didn't know where to start.

"WE INTERRUPT THIS STATION FOR BREAKING NEWS"

The Todoroki brothers turned their attention on the television. The screen displayed you and Hawks. Hawks was smiling towards you and talking to the people in the crowd. His wings seemed smaller than usual, meaning he used a lot of his feathers for the fight. You were also in your hero outfit. Todoroki assumed the two of you had just beaten a villain.

"(H/N) and Hawks have just defeated a villain in Hosu. The villain also known as the Punisher has been on the hero's radar for a while now. The Punisher was known to have ties to the League of Villians..." the reporter trailed off. Natsuo hummed slightly, clearly recovering from his emotional vulnerability.

"You really want her to fall in love with someone else," Natsuo asked. Todoroki continued to look at you on screen. You were also confidently smiling to Hawks and the crowd around you. His stomach's guilt wouldn't stop annoying him.

"No, I don't..."