Chapter 4: "Levi's Terrible Past"

Maybe not that terrible, but it is for Eren!!
>~< Hey! Hey! Been a while... >~<
●//□//● \(♡=♡)/

_________________________________________

(Eren's PoV)

It's been a week since Eri and i lived here with Levi, and i already started to feel comfortable.
Levi has kept refusing me to go to Hange's lab, but i insist because i wanted to see what she's doing inside and also... i wanted to talk to her about what Ms. Kuchel said that day, "Levi didn't really wanted to become a Mafia. . . he was forced to."
Unfortunately, Hange was always avoiding my words about it and changed our conversation.
She said that it's still too early to talk about it that it might be a shock to me.

Of course i don't want to talk about it with Levi because i somehow felt nervous when it comes to him.

It made me even more curious than before so i decided to talk to Ms. Kuchel.
"Ms. Kuchel!" I ran towards her as i waved my hand. Thank goodness i found her just in time.
"Oh Eren, have you seen Eri? I wanted to play with him." She asked as she stopped her tracks. "He's with Levi right now." I answered as i've already knew that Levi and Eri were playing outside. "Oh is that so?" She wondered.

"Well uhm... I wanted to talk about something that kinda bothers me since these past few days. I kept asking Hange about it, but she only ignores it." She only smiled at me as i can see in her eyes that she knows what i'm talking about.

"I think it's time that i tell you about him." She sighed as she turned her back. "Follow me." We started walking upstairs as i followed her.

After a few turns on the hallways, we finally reached to our destination.
Ms. Kuchel unlocked the door with a key that looks different than the others. But the door is just the same as the others.

Beyond the door is a room where i have never been before and it's quite big. It's like a living room with a chandelier.

When we got in, the room is full of picture frames hanging on the walls and also on the coffee table.

Three people were in those pictures; Levi, a red, short-pigtail haired girl, and the tall guy with ash blonde hair.

I picked up the picture frame from the table and look at their faces. The three of them seem to be happy because of their warm smiling faces.
Levi. . . He's so happy.

"That is Isabel (beta) and Farlan (alpha) , Levi's bestfriends." She said as she sat down the couch and i sat down on the other.

After looking at the picture frame that i held, i wandered at the other pictures that were hanging on the wall. There i saw a picture of the three of them as kids playing soccer. They were all so cute.

"Where are they?" I asked as i looked at Ms. Kuchel holding a small frame.

"They were both killed." She frowned as i gasped. "They were killed by Jean Kirstein (alpha)."

When she said the person's name my body freezes and my mouth was agaped as i recalled the memory of that guy in school.

Jean Kirstein, my classmate in highschool, also my friend.

My heart pounded as i began to think how could he killed Levi's bestfriends.

Is he also a mafia?
That can't be true... right?
Jean... he's a good person.
He would never do something like that... right?

Confusion filled my thoughts until i felt a hand palming my shoulder.

"Are you alright? You've been spacing out for a while." Ms. Kuchel asked looking worried. I realized that she went to sit beside me as i was cut off from my thoughts for a moment.