Chapter 2

Birthdays.

At the castle, they were always days of celebration and happiness. And today was Miyeon's.

The girl was greeted by her brother barging into her room, followed by his guardian and Taeil.

"Happy birthday noona!" Mark called out as he ran over  to the bed where his sister lay, Haechan and Taeil following.

"Happy birthday, your highness." Haechan greeted with a bow before Taeil did the same. Miyeon smiled back.

"Thank you everyone." Miyeon said to the boys.

"We'll head out to let you change for the day." Taeil said, dragging the two younger males out, much to their discontent. Miyeon could only smile as she watched them.

Miyeon's maids had prepared a simple dress for the day. It was nothing special, but that's how Miyeon liked it. It was casual and comfortable, yet the colours were beautiful and elegant. Her hair was also styled simply, curls falling down her back.

 Her hair was also styled simply, curls falling down her back

Blue, like they sky.

Miyeon felt the blue material between her fingers, suddenly reminded of a few days ago, when Yuta had caught her in the study, alone.

"Your highness, is the dress alright?" One of the maids asked her.

Miyeon immediately let go of the skirt, smiling as she nodded.

"Yes, this is absolutely perfect."

...

Yuta's heart was beating rapidly in his chest as he furiously walked through the halls of the castle

"So many preparations to make, so little time." Yuta mumbled to himself as his black cape swayed with the way he walked.

Today was the princess's birthday, but he had no time to celebrate with her as he made his way to the mouth of a tunnel, hidden under the castle.

One would think that the castle dungeons were located here but they were actually in a building outside of the castle, heavily guarded. A good amount of knights worked there.