Chapter 21

Miyeon watched as the vision disappeared, her own face appearing in front of her.

"My parents..." Miyeon whispered.

"They wanted to protect you." The nymph told her. "Mark saw their fate."

Their fate...

"My parents are dead, aren't they?" Miyeon asked.

"I can't answer that." The nymph told her. "But your brother can."

Miyeon shook her head, knowing that Mark would probably be too upset to want to talk about what he saw with her.

"Thank you." Miyeon said, giving the nymph a curtsy. The nymph smiled back at her.

"Best of luck." The nymph said. "And you can tell your lover that he can come now."

Miyeon froze at the sound of the words escaping the nymph's mouth. "You mean my guardian?"

"You heard what I said." The nymph said with a smirk. "Call Yuta over, please."

No wonder Doyoung hates her, Miyeon thought as she stepped away. She stopped in front of Yuta, locking eyes with the male.

"How was it?" Yuta asked her. Miyeon gave him a small smile.

"I'll tell you later." Miyeon told him. "She's waiting for you."

"Nakamoto Yuta, it's rude to keep me waiting!" The nymph called out, earning a chuckle from Miyeon.

"Tch." Yuta said, sending the nymph a glare before turning back to Miyeon. "Don't move, I'll be right back."

Miyeon nodded her head, giving Yuta a wave as he approached the water. She couldn't help but ponder about what the nymph has said.

Your lover.

...

"Let's just get this done and over with." Yuta said, staring at his own reflection in the water. Something about the nymph just made him feel uncomfortable.

Vulnerable. That's how Yuta felt.

It was clear the nymph knew everything about all of them, things that they didn't even know about themselves. He had heard what the nymph called him to Miyeon. Her lover.

Do I have feelings for her? Yuta thought. I can't though, I'm her guardian.

In addition to that, Yuta knew that one of the three heirs were going to die. And because of that, falling for one of them seemed like a terrible idea.

The water began to shift, snapping Yuta out of his thoughts. He watched as the image of his father riding a horse appeared, leading his team of knights on their mission.

"Father." Yuta softly mumbled. He desperately wanted to reach out to touch his face but he knew it was only a vision, a flashback. Not real.

"The scout said the shadow beast lair is here." Yuta's father told his men. "We should see them soon."

Yuta's stomach churned uncomfortably as he saw the knights continue riding. It was clear that something was wrong.

"Run." Yuta advised but then remembered they couldn't hear him. It's a vision.

Sure enough, moments later, shadow beasts appeared, beginning to take out the knights one by one. Yuta's father transformed into a lion, similar to Yuta's form.

Even though Yuta's father was taking our shadow beasts in all directions, he was greatly outnumbered, being the only yokai of the group.

The beasts stopped attacking, turning towards the shadow where a female figure was stepping out. She emitted an aura of pure evil, and it didn't take long for Yuta to recognize who it was. The Queen of Shadow Beasts.