Chapter 22

The group had moved to a meeting room, away from the ear of the many servants of the castle. The mood had definitely changed, glances being exchanged, people playing with their fingers as they sat around the table.

"Son, bring the belt." The King said, motioning to the Davern Prince. Winwin nodded, taking the golden belt he was wearing off.

As the Winwin brought the belt over, the King nodded his head and Miyeon watched as Winwin manifested his powers into the object. The belt split into two, each half forming the frame of a crown.

"As you can see," the King said, eyeing the Arleans in the room. "There are two crowns."

"Are you sure that they're both real? One of them aren't fake?" Jungwoo asked, in hopes of easing the tension but the Davernians seemed offended by the question instead.

"Of course they're real!" Doyoung exclaimed. "What type of question is that?"

Winwin patted his advisor's shoulder, calming him down.

"It's not a big deal." Winwin told them. "I don't think they were aware that there were two jewels."

The Arleans all shook their heads.

"No, we weren't." Yuta told them.

Taeil immediately agreed. "I've been studying with the Arlean advisors for years and they've never mentioned it."

"It's not in any book inside the castle either." Miyeon added, making them all give her weird stares. "Being locked in a castle all my life meant that I have a lot of time."

"I'm guessing that knowledge wasn't passed on then." Jaehyun said to the group.

"It wasn't." Mark confirmed, firmly.

Heads began turning to the King and Queen, looking for further direction. The King let out a deep sigh.

"Well, I guess this will be a problem for later then." The King said. "Son, Miyeon come by my study with your guardians later tonight. We'll put together the crown then."

"Yes, sir." Yuta and Jaehyun answered in unison, suprising the members of the room.

"Great, let's discuss the reports our scouts brought in today." The King said, motioning to Johnny. Johnny nodded his head, standing up in front of them.

"Our scouts located on the Davern Mountain Range, which serves as a border between the two countries, reported that shadow beasts are beginning to approach the mountains." Johnny informed them.

"The rest of Arlea is considered their territory." Taeyong added. "Very few villages remain."

"They're advancing." Yuta pointed out. "It's only a matter of time before they reach Davern."

"You're right." The King said, looking Yuta straight in the eyes. "Whoever taught you, taught you well."

Miyeon bit her lip to try not to let that chuckle escape her mouth as she noticed Taeil puff up his chest, clearly proud of the King's comment. Haechan rolled his eyes, earning a smack from Mark. The sound echoed through the room, and the two boys cleared their throats to cover up their childish behaviour.

"What's the plan, then?" Jaehyun asked the rulers. "We can't sit and wait."

"You're right," the King said, lacing his hands together. "Which is why we'll begin our attack in tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" Miyeon exclaimed, eyes wide. She quickly covered her mouth once she realized how loud she was.

The King didn't seem too bothered though. Instead, he nodded his head, confirming his statement.