Chapter 11

Yuta had lied. Miyeon's spirit was stronger than anything he had ever felt before, even stronger than Mark's. But he knew there was a reason why the King and Queen forbid their daughter from leaving the palace walls, and he knew it had to do with the prophecy.

At least that's what Taeil had thought. The two had tried to pry for more information but it was no use. The King and Queen were adamant on keeping that information to themselves.

Yuta stretched his arms up above his head. Today was his first day training with Miyeon and he wanted to make sure he was in the best condition for that.

Yuta paced around the outside of the tent, checking the time on his watch. It was still early, but Yuta knew that as soon as Taeil woke up, he would want to get going on their trip.

Yuta decided to slip into the tent, finding Miyeon sleeping peacefully. He couldn't help but smile to himself as he gently shook her awake. Miyeon's eyes fluttered open, meeting his.

"Good morning." Yuta said to the girl. "Ready to train?"

Miyeon immediately sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Is the sun even up yet?"

Yuta chuckled. "No, but if you don't get up now, you're going to have to wait until tonight."

Miyeon let out a yawn, waving her hand. "Alright, alright. Give me some time to get ready."

"Okay, I'll be waiting outside." Yuta said before exiting the tent.

...

Miyeon felt embarrassed as she saw Yuta waiting just outside the cave for her. The realization had hit her after Yuta had left her tent. The male had seen her half asleep with messy hair and a puffy face, quite an unattractive look.

Yuta, on the other hand, was already fully dressed, taking in the cold morning air. His hair was somehow perfectly styled as he stared off in the distance. The moon was still in the dark sky, the only light source for the two of them.

The wind howled and Miyeon clutched tightly to her purple cloak, the jewel glistening. Yuta turned as he heard Miyeon's footsteps approaching.

"Ready?" Yuta asked her.

"I guess." Miyeon said, rubbing her hands together. Even with the leather gloves, she still felt cold.

"First, we'll start with getting you to channel your inner spirit." Yuta told her.

"How do I do that?" Miyeon asked. Yuta stepped closer to her.

"Close you eyes." Miyeon closed them.

"Listen to your heartbeat. The rhythm. The sound of it thumping in your chest. Focus on it."

Thump thump. Thump thump. It was starting to quicken.

"Relax." Yuta told her. Could he hear it? "Take a deep breath."

Miyeon followed his instructions, inhaling deeply. Once Yuta felt that she was calm again, he continues on.

"As you focus on the centre of your body, channel the energy it generates and let the warmth spread all over you."

Miyeon felt how soothing Yuta's voice was and tried her hardest, yet she couldn't feel it. No warmth, no energy. All she felt was the cold from the mountains.

Miyeon opened her eyes to see Yuta standing in front of her, lips pressed together.

"Why did you open your eyes?" Yuta asked.

"I couldn't feel it. The warmth. Or the energy." Miyeon told him.

"I know." Yuta simply said. "But I don't want you to give up."