Chapter 26

"We got the Queen, you go!" Johnny said to them. Miyeon didn't hesitate to run towards Mark, Yuta and Haechan close behind.

"Mark!" Haechan yelled out as they arrived at Mark's limp body on the ground. "You're such an idiot!"

"Mark." Miyeon had tears in her eyes as she knelt down beside Mark, his chest barely rising.

"I'll be fine." Mark breathed out, faking a smile. But by the way he was clutching onto his chest, Miyeon could tell that he was in a lot of pain.

"Why did you do that when you knew?!" Haechan scolded the boy.

"Knew what?" Yuta asked, making Haechan freeze. It seemed as though Haechan had forgotten he wasn't alone with Mark.

Even before Mark could open his mouth, Miyeon had a bad feeling. "It's me."

"No, it can't be." Miyeon sobbed as she held her brothers hand which was soaked with his own blood. "It can't be you."

"But it is." Mark breathed out. "Haechan saw it. In the lake. He knows."

Miyeon knew Haechan was looking away as he blinked back the tears forming in his eyes. It hurt for Miyeon to be losing her brother but she knew that Haechan was hurting much more, as he was losing not only his best friend but also the royal who his life was dedicated to protecting.

"Can we get Taeil?" Miyeon asked as she looked up at Yuta.

"Did you see this?" Yuta said, motioning to Mark's body as he stared at Haechan.

Haechan nodded his head. "It's exactly the same."

"It's alright, noona." Mark said, giving her hand a faint squeeze. He's weak. "Just stay with me, please."

"Alright." Miyeon said, sniffling as she stared into Mark round eyes, still full of hope and wonder. It was clear that he didn't want them to think too much about it, and just wanted them be there for him instead.

"Tell me a story." Mark whispered as Yuta knelt down beside Miyeon, putting an arm around her shoulders trying to comfort her.

"I'm going to miss bickering with you." Haechan sniffled, making them all chuckle.

"That's not a story, you fool." Mark argued in his raspy voice, making them all chuckle. He inhaled deeply before turning to Miyeon and Yuta.

"I hope you two get married and live happily." Mark said to them. "I saw that kiss this morning. It kinda ruined my appetite."

"Yah!" Miyeon exclaimed as Yuta simply gave her shoulders a squeeze, the tears beginning to pool in her eyes.

"I'll take care of her, don't worry." Yuta reassured him, patting Mark's leg with his spare hand.

"And you." Mark said, turning his head to Haechan who was slowly falling apart. "This isn't your fault. Don't beat yourself up over it. We both saw this coming."

Mark's words shattered Haechan and Miyeon instantly felt bad as the poor boy completely broke.

"I hate you. Why do you have to leave me?" Haechan sobbed.

"Aish, your cries are still so loud." Mark whispered and Haechan immediately stopped.

"I take that back, I hope you enjoy the afterlife." Haechan pouted.

Mark smiled to his friend, a soft one. It was clear that despite the constant bickering between the two, their relationship was irreplaceable.

Mark suddenly began coughing, blood sputtering out of his mouth and they all knew his end was near. They held on to his hands and arms, softly patting his body until he stopped, his eyes closing.