Chapter 23

"Cute." Yuta said as Miyeon closed the door to Mark's room. Did he hear all of it?

Yuta smiled as the look on Miyeon's face changed, earning a poke in the ribs. "I hate you."

"Too bad you can't get rid of me." Yuta teased, sticking his tongue out.

Miyeon shook her head. "What's gotten into you these days?"

As if a switch had flicked in Yuta's head, he immediately stopped, placing his hands in his pockets instead. "Nothing, let's just go."

Miyeon smiled, finding Yuta funny for suddenly feeling embarrassed. She slid her arm through his, grabbing it.

"Whatever you say, Nakamoto Yuta."

...

Should we be doing this? Yuta thought as they entered the King's study, Miyeon clutching tightly to his arm. He felt flustered when he saw the Davernians staring at them but Miyeon didn't seem to mind at all.

Yuta could fell Jaehyun's eyes staring into him, his lips forming a thin line. Yuta's confidence rose as he stared back. Jaehyun looked away, breaking the contact.

Hah!

They quickly found their seats, Miyeon removing her cloak and placing it on the table, Winwin doing the same with his belt.

"Why don't we put the crown together first?" The King suggested.

"Good idea, father." Winwin said, taking the belt so it formed the two crown frames.

"How do I do this?" Miyeon whispered to Yuta, referring to the jewel.

"Just use your powers, like I taught you." Yuta told her.

"I can do it, if you like." Jaehyun offered, leaning forward.

Before Yuta could tell him no, Miyeon responded. "Thanks, but I think I can do it."

Yuta watched as the deep purple glow was emitted from Miyeon's body, and the jewel detached itself from the clasp of the cloak.

"Amazing, now we just have to put everything together." The King said, clapping his hands together.

Winwin nodded, passing the two crown frames to Miyeon. "Here."

"You want me to place this on one of them?" Miyeon asked.

"Just put it near, and the jewel should be able to find which one it belongs to." Winwin told her with a small smile.

Miyeon nodded, following his instructions. Sure enough, the purple jewel was attracted to one of the frames, immediately snapping on.

The second the jewel found it's spot, it emitted a bright purple light, blinding the members of the room. Yuta had to look away and cover his eyes, waiting for it to die down.

When it finally did, Yuta turned back to see that the frame of the crown was no longer gold, but rather purple. What does that mean?

 What does that mean?