Chapter 20

"Is everything alright?" Yuta asked as Miyeon exited the room, Winwin already back with Jaehyun.

"Yeah, everything is fine." Miyeon said, giving her guardian a smile but the worried look didn't fade from his face.

"Doesn't seem like it." Yuta pointed out. "What happened?"

"We just talked about marriage." Miyeon said before quickly adding. "Which isn't happening, by the way."

"Oh." Yuta said, his face falling. "Are you sad about that?"

Miyeon immediately shook her head. "Not at all. It's a big relief, actually. I didn't want to marry him either."

Yuta seemed to perk up at her comment. "Oh? What is it then?"

Miyeon sighed deeply as she recalled Winwin's words. "Yuta, the battle against the shadow beasts is getting closer and closer each day. And one of the heirs are going to die during it."

Yuta seemed to understand her concern as he slowly nodded his head. He reached out, taking both her hands in his and giving it a light squeeze.

"Don't worry Miyeon, I'm your guardian, your protector. I will risk my life again and again just to make sure no one lays a finger on you, do you understand that?"

Miyeon nodded her head and Yuta smiled as he stared deeply into her eyes. For a moment, she felt as though no one else was in the room, only her and Yuta.

This was short lived as a small cough made Yuta immediately let go, turning to see who the culprit was. Mark gave the two of them a cheeky grin.

"They wanted me to call you two." Mark explained. "We've arrived."

...

Miyeon took Yuta's hand as he helped her out of the drone, onto the grass below. Miyeon's jaw dropped at the sight around her.

The drone had stopped in the middle of a valley, the lake reflecting the sunlight. Even the other Arlean's had their eyes opened wide as they took in the sight in front of them.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Taeyong chuckled, bring them back to reality

"Wait till you meet the nasty spirit." Doyoung muttered. It seems as though Doyoung did not have a good relationship with the nymph.

The group made their way to the edge of the lake, following Taeyong and Johnny who took the lead. As they got close, the water began to rise, forming the figure of a woman.

"Whoa." Jungwoo gasped as the nymph stood on the water, a smile on her face. The Davernians remained unmoved, much to her displeasure.

"Oh come on, the least you could do is smile." The nymph said with a pout.

"Should we be celbrating the fact that you're not tormenting villagers." Doyoung replied with his arms crossed.

"Yah, you little-"