8 - The truth hurts

A few days later Emily was discharged from hospital. Daniel had tried his best to stay strong for her but she was emotionally detached. She did everything normally, eat, slept, got up in the morning, made food for herself but there was no emotion in any of it. One day Daniel got a message from Sara asking to meet. Emily was no longer pregnant and he needed to clear things up with Sara so he agreed.

DANIELS POV
"Em, I've got a meeting in the city. Will you be okay here for a couple of hours?" I asked
She just nodded and I sighed. Nothing had changed with her and I was getting worried

"Call me if you need me" I said kissed the top of her head and walked outside to go into the city.

I drove to the cafe that Sara and I used to meet at when I was cheating. It was now something that haunted me. I walked inside and Sara was sitting at a table waiting for me.

I walked over, "It's been a while." I smiled and remembered why I'd fallen in love with Sara but then remembered Emily and snapped out of it.
Sara nodded and smiled back at me, "I have something I need to ask you but can we do it in private?"
"Sure, we can go to the roof of Grayson Global if you like?" I asked, I knew no one would be up there at this time of day. It felt wrong to do to Emily but I couldn't leave Sara again.
"That sounds great. Show me the way" she stood up and we walked outside.

EMILYS POV
As soon as Daniel left I told Aiden to come over, Daniel hadn't left my side in days so I couldn't talk to him. I'd been trying to block out everything but it was getting harder. A notification from my phone interrupted my thoughts. Aiden was on his way.

"I was surprised you texted me" Aiden said as he walked inside the house.
"Yeah well I was surprised that you showed up on the boat on my wedding night." I glared at him.
"Em, what the..." He was about to continue when I cut him off.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" I yelled at him
"I was drinking in a bar the night you got married. I almost got into a fight that night." He said pulling out his phone and showing her an article on it.
"If you were there... How?" I tried to remember what happened on the night.

"You look confused, what happened that night?" He asked with concern. I explained it all to him and told him how I'd lost the baby since it hadn't been released to the press yet and he could tell it hurt.

"Emily I'm sorry." He leaned forward to put a hand on my cheek but I stopped him.
"Aiden, I'm married and I love Daniel." I said sadly, he didn't bother pushing it but his mood changed.
"You sound like you need to see a doctor about what happened on the night of your wedding." He said grimly, "Get help."
I nodded ignoring his mood changing, "Thanks for coming today" We both stood up and walked to the front door.
He smiled sadly at me, "It was good to see you again."
"Yeah" I opened the door and he quickly kissed the top of my head before leaving.

DANIELS POV
"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked Sara as we got to the roof.
"Your mother told me Emily lost the baby. I'm sorry" she sounded sincere. I couldn't believe my mother was still trying to break Emily and I up but I would deal with that later.
"Look Sara I'm sorry I never called or texted but with the baby and everything it just got too hard" I said not looking at her.
"It's okay, I understand but now that there's no baby. What's stopping you and me? You said so yourself that you were going to leave Emily because you didn't love her." She took a step closer to me.
"Sara, I'm married now and I do love Emily. I know you, you wouldn't want to get caught up in this." Something had changed about her.
"Well maybe I'm a different person now. I watched you get married to her and I thought every single moment, he should be with me. Danny, I know you love me" she took another step towards me and leaned in and kissed me.

I leaned in and kissed her back before I realised what I was doing. Then I pulled away "No! I'm married! I love Emily and I'm staying with her. I-I have to go" My voice was shaking slightly and I walked down from the roof. I heard someone else go down the stairs but didn't take any notice of it.

When I got outside I got into the car and drove as fast as I could home. I tried to forget about what had just happened. I stopped about 10 minutes from the house and got out. I walked out to the sand and looked out at the ocean. I stayed there for a few hours and didn't realise how late it was until I saw the sun go down. I got back in my car and drove to the beach house. I walked inside and Emily was sitting at her laptop crying. I ran over to her.

"Hey, it's okay. What happened?" I said soothingly and then I saw the article she was reading and she looked at me with hurt and anger.
"Is it true?" She managed to choke out.

A/N: The layout of this is a bit strange, I'm trying a few different things. Let me know what you thought of this chapter xx