33 - You've taken everything from me

Daniels POV
I just watched my little sister being arrested for my mothers murder. I sat outside on the chair waiting for news about Charlotte or Emily. Nothing came and I started to get anxious. Charlie was with Nolan and Laura was with her great grandparents for the weekend so there was no use in going home. I needed to go somewhere else.

Emilys POV
When Daniel was finally let into my room a few hours later I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I was surprised they let him in but either way I was glad to see him. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, "Daniel I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

He didn't move at all and I stepped back "Daniel?"
He glared at me, "This is all your fault Emily! It's because of you my family is in this mess."
"I know I'm try-" he cut me off
"No you don't! I bet you this is all just part of your plan! Make me lose everyone I care about too. Well you've succeeded." He clapped slowly and I held back tears, "Congratulations. My mother is dead and my sister is being blamed for her murder. I have no one! Do you not see that?!" He screamed at me and I broke down.

Some men walked in and dragged him out while he was still yelling. I forced myself to breathe and calm down. No one had told me anything about Charlotte yet. After the event with Daniel I wasn't sure if I wanted another visitor but I was happy when Nolan came through with Charlie. He ran to my legs and hugged them, "Mummy I missed you!" He jumped up and down until I picked him up. I smiled and he looked at me with sad eyes, "Please come home."

I teared up and forced myself not to cry, "Mummys coming home as soon as I can okay baby? I promise" I kissed his forehead and sat him on my lap as Nolan sat across from me, "Any news on Char?" I asked not sure if I wanted to hear the answer. He nodded, "She has a steady case, she went to see Victoria and confront her about some things and Victoria attacked her and she killed her out of self defence. There's evidence to support it but she will still get a sentence of jail time."
I sighed, "Hopefully by the time she's gotten out Daniel will have forgiven me."

Nolan looked at me sympathetically, "Emily as soon as all the paper work is signed and everything is sorted with Charlotte you can come home. You can talk to Daniel when he isn't totally wasted. It'll all be okay." He gave me a hug and I handed him Charlie back. I said goodbye and watched them walk out.

My dad also came in and talked to me for a while before heading back home. Little did I know that was the last time I was going to talk to one of those four most important people in my life.